As we said in the Army, “CLUSTER_UCK, HARCH!

Spiky Bugger

•My 3/3 surgery was postponed because my PT/INR PTT tests showed my blood wasn’t clotting fast enough.
•My hematologist prescribed a week’s worth of something to fix that.
•I had blood REtested last Friday.
•But because that lab order had my complete ANNUAL labs, including vitamins, which take forever to process…and were ordered by my bariatric surgeon…those results were not available…to him, not me…until this afternoon.
•Meanwhile, my surgeon’s office asked my bariatric surgeon for those results, and got them.
•Then the surgeon had to fax the results to the hematologist, to get a clearance for the surgery.
•Hematologist okayed it and sent the okay to the surgeon.
•My labs are at the end of the range. Clotting should happen in 23-32 seconds; I’m at 30 seconds. My Prothrombin Time INR reference range is 0.9-1.1; I’m at 1.1.

“YEAH, WELL, SO YOU’RE GOOD TO GO, RIGHT?” you ask.

Maybe. If they get me in there soon enough. Because by next week, when I’m doing PreOp testing, it could take my blood longer to clot than it did last Friday and then I have to play this game again!

Tomorrow, I will be pushing to go to the head of the line…not because I’m more important than other patients, but because if they don’t get me in there right away…this bullshit could go on forever.

And yes, we really DID say that in the army. There was “Forward March!” (Pronounced “HARCH!”
And “To the rear, March!”
And when everything was as screwed up as a Soup Sandwich, it was ”Cluster_uck HARCH!”

•My 3/3 surgery was postponed because my PT/INR PTT tests showed my blood wasn’t clotting fast enough.
•My hematologist prescribed a week’s worth of something to fix that.
•I had blood REtested last Friday.
•But because that lab order had my complete ANNUAL labs, including vitamins, which take forever to process…and were ordered by my bariatric surgeon…those results were not available…to him, not me…until this afternoon.
•Meanwhile, my surgeon’s office asked my bariatric surgeon for those results, and got them.
•Then the surgeon had to fax the results to the hematologist, to get a clearance for the surgery.
•Hematologist okayed it and sent the okay to the surgeon.
•My labs are at the end of the range. Clotting should happen in 23-32 seconds; I’m at 30 seconds. My Prothrombin Time INR reference range is 0.9-1.1; I’m at 1.1.

“YEAH, WELL, SO YOU’RE GOOD TO GO, RIGHT?” you ask.

Maybe. If they get me in there soon enough. Because by next week, when I’m doing PreOp testing, it could take my blood longer to clot than it did last Friday and then I have to play this game again!

Tomorrow, I will be pushing to go to the head of the line…not because I’m more important than other patients, but because if they don’t get me in there right away…this bullshit could go on forever.

And yes, we really DID say that in the army. There was “Forward March!” (Pronounced “HARCH!”
And “To the rear, March!”
And when everything was as screwed up as a Soup Sandwich, it was ”Cluster_uck HARCH!”
My favorite phrase from my military days is: SNAFU. At least that's where I first heard it. (FIGMO/OMGIF. It helps me8 pretend I don't swear. And it's great when talking about transfers.)

My favorite phrase from my military days is: SNAFU. At least that's where I first heard it. (FIGMO/OMGIF. It helps me8 pretend I don't swear. And it's great when talking about transfers.)

SNAFU is WWII. So is FUBAR.

But the Viet Nam Era owns BOHICA.

For you civilians:
SNAFU—Situation Normal, All F’d Up.
FUBAR—F’d Up Beyond All Recognition (or Repair.)
BOHICA—Bend Over, Here It Comes Again.

Last edited:
I hope your labs are where they need to be, STAT.
:5grouphug:

I've never heard of BOHICA !
Me neither... but here it is

Now I need to figure out ffg-22

For you civilians:
BOHICA I never heard that one. I was

For you civilians:
Me neither... but here it is

Now I need to figure out ffg-22

I never heard BOHICA. I'm Viet Nam Era. I wonder what other acronyms I've missed that will make me feel older than dirt?

Latest posts

Back