Anyone successfully get insurance to pay for protein shakes?

buffalobillsfan

I was able to get FSA to reimburse for protein shakes when I had FSA (grrrr...stupid Teamsters/UPS) but this caught my eye today. It seems like they advocate for you to have supplementation paid for by insurance. My concern is that it's just a marketing ploy. Anyone had success with this? I would think people in a bad state of malnourishment or health might be able to pull it off but what about just healthy, normal DSers.

http://www.insurenutrition.com/product-detail.php?product_id=186#.Vmigjb-M6pB

Thanks!
Cathy

I was able to get FSA to reimburse for protein shakes when I had FSA (grrrr...stupid Teamsters/UPS) but this caught my eye today. It seems like they advocate for you to have supplementation paid for by insurance. My concern is that it's just a marketing ploy. Anyone had success with this? I would think people in a bad state of malnourishment or health might be able to pull it off but what about just healthy, normal DSers.

http://www.insurenutrition.com/product-detail.php?product_id=186#.Vmigjb-M6pB

Thanks!
Cathy
What they do is charge your insurance company an excessively high price. And they bundle wound cream in there. I've seen prices submitted to insurance companies that exceed $1000 for ONE 12 pack case of Premier Protein (which can be had for less than $25 at Costco for an 18 pack case).

Most normal DS'ers try to use food not shakes if they can.

I can see this being of benefit if a DS'er is badly protein deficient.

What they do is charge your insurance company an excessively high price. And they bundle wound cream in there. I've seen prices submitted to insurance companies that exceed $1000 for ONE 12 pack case of Premier Protein (which can be had for less than $25 at Costco for an 18 pack case).

Most normal DS'ers try to use food not shakes if they can.

I can see this being of benefit if a DS'er is badly protein deficient.

....and we wonder why insurance is so high. What a disgrace! I just read a very interesting and infuriating article in Consumer Reports about drug costs. Health care and prescription costs need a major overhaul.

Latest posts

Back