Anyone know...

Never heard of him, I have been on various WLS boards for over 10 years.

Same here, but we are seeing some new names lately, so a call to his office might be in order. Just aware that some patients have been misled by office staff, either deliberately or unintentionally, as in "yes, he does all the operations" from staff who don't even know there is an operation the surgeon doesn't do. So be very specific if you call.

His group's website does mention the DS, though there is nothing about him actually offering it, or if he does, how many he's done, etc. The website isn't really very helpful, but I get a vague impression that they favor VSG. So if you call, ask carefully about whether they actually do the DS, if so how many, any special criteria, and any other specifics you can think of.

Yeah, I did the due diligence, and he doesn't seem to have consistent info, thought maybe someone knew of him. I am checking, on behalf of a woman on another DS site. Thought maybe the group might have some info I could share with her, as it doesn't look like he is a known surgeon. Thanks...

Definitely not a known DS surgeon. Why not have the woman on the other DS site come on over here? And then we can all get after HER to do the due diligence she needs to do. And if he really does do the DS, she could let us know. At this point we have a website that lists the DS but doesn't say whether or not the group does it, or if so how many and so on, and an OH page that doesn't mention it, but who knows whether or not that's up to date.
And really, if she does have the DS with whatever surgeon, she needs to learn to be her own advocate. It's lovely that you're trying to help her, but she will need to take an active interest in her health care to thrive with a DS.

@DSwitcher I remember where I heard this name before.

There is a lady on a Facebook page, she is on here too, that is supposed to be getting a DS from him. Ugh can't remember her name. I remember she is in DE and dr. see patients in DE and MD but only does surgery at the hospital in MD. She was worried her insurance wouldn't cover the surgery. Within the last few days she just found out it was going to be covered.

If you can travel a little bit, another option in DE/MD/VA/WV is Winchester Bariatrics. See the link in my signature block.

Latest posts

Back