Any tests I should ask for tomorrow?

Marquis Mark

Have my first follow up appt tomorrow with my DS surgeon's Physicians Assistant. I'll be 7 weeks out.

Are there any tests I should be asking for at this point? Liver? Kidneys? Iron? CBC? ??? Or should I just wait for three months?

Thanks

Most surgeons do the first post op labs at three months. They will basically just weigh you, ask about meds and supplements and make sure nothing major is going down. Unless you have specific questions pertaining to your health or any current conditions/ailments, I can't think of anything I would be asking at this point.....well one second. Have you been been told you will have labs at 3 months or are just planning on requesting labs then. You surgeon should have that predetermined so definitely make sure that is planned for your 3 month mark.

Yes, I'll be having labs at 3 months. I've been reading about kidney stones and was just wondering if I should be asking for a 24 urine test or something else at this point...

In my opinion there is no need for any urine testing unless you are having an issue.

Protein, D3, ferritin. I wouldn't worry about much else. You could ask for a poop culture if you have any concerns about diarrhea (though i don't think THAT'S the issue). I would separately go see a colorectal surgeon if you are still having painful gut issues, i.e., concerns about a fissure.

Protein, D3, ferritin. I wouldn't worry about much else. You could ask for a poop culture if you have any concerns about diarrhea (though i don't think THAT'S the issue). I would separately go see a colorectal surgeon if you are still having painful gut issues, i.e., concerns about a fissure.

Thank you. Have another appt Thursday w/ colorectal doc just to check it out.

Latest posts

Back