Another good thing?

Spiky Bugger

Feeling protected.

Insulation company here...cleaning out attic and putting in new rolled insulation.

So when the cops showed up...because neighbors had called to report three masked men entering our house...and they ran the plate on the truck and discovered it WAS an insulation company...we all had a good chuckle.

Feeling protected.

Good neighbors.

It's also why we let our neighbors know if we are having something done. They are use to our contractor now but not all the people he brings around.

That's a good thing for sure.. in my neck of the woods, I have to have packages shipped to my husband's work address since we've had them stolen off our doorstep (we live on the corner of a cul-de-sac even!)

That's a good thing for sure.. in my neck of the woods, I have to have packages shipped to my husband's work address since we've had them stolen off our doorstep (we live on the corner of a cul-de-sac even!)

oh, that's terrible. :devilish: I lived in an apartment building in Minneapolis when I was in my 20s and when someone stole my laundry basket out of the laundry room it ruined my opinion of humans for all time. such a shitty thing to do, steal from your neighbors.

@JackieOnLine - you'd prob appreciate this- the package stolen was a fairly expensive shipment of incense (yes, just incense :) ) and since we live in a cul-de-sac, with limited traffic, I walked the block a few times sniffing the air trying to find the fucker with my Japanese aloeswood! Happily, after many emails, the vendor got a claim approved, and I reordered.. but it was a hassle. Never again. I just ship to his work now..

Ahh. I needed to hear a nice story.

My neighbor just came over to talk to me ( I thought they separated, as I haven't seen him for a while) and she told me they sold the house (no sign ever went up-I had no idea) and that he took 100% of the money, and disappeared. They have a 5 year old kid, and have heard nothing for weeks, and can't track him down. She now has no money, and no home. She then said it was him that killed my cyprus tree using round up. It was blocking sun. This was a guy I gardened with and did bonsai trees with. I thought he was such a great neighbor.

It's nice to hear neighbors are being better than expected. Now if only you knew who it was - they deserve treats!

Geez Bearmom, what kind of asshole does that?? You don't suppose he was the one who poisoned your dog, do you?

She needs to go to the District Attorney and file a report - he was not entitled to the money! They can help track him down.

It did make me wonder, but still pretty sure it was my nieces tweaker "friends".

No, he totally wasn't entitled to it, and they used money out of her IRA for a down payment. She is beyond fucked.

I saw him in a store north of where we live about 3 weeks ago, and was surprised he saw us (husband and I) and he immediately turned and went the other way. Totally not like him but now we know why. I told her we'd seen him in the little town north of here, which she was happy to hear, since she was sure he'd left the state or possibly the country. She has had an investigator looking with no luck, so I'm hoping that will at least give them a place to focus.

I don't know if she's talked to the DA yet, but am having lunch with her Wednesday, and it's likely that it may turn into gathering and filling out forms if she hasn't done it already.

Latest posts

Back