Almost 3.5 yrs out VSG, 99.8% sure doing 2nd stage DS 6/1/17!

Renzryd

Sleeved 12/23/13 with insurance, at 243.2 saw as low as 161.1, only after i took on Marathon training. Prior to that every year i would go down 10lbs and fight with the same 10 lbs for the whole year and then i would see the scale hit the next number. Over training injury before 2nd Marathon made me a lame horse and only with help of a podiotrist, cortisone shot and my arch getting taped, i completed my 2nd marathon. However, the damage was already done, went up 40+ lbs because i couldn't run until my foot healed, technically my tendon.
Sought revision VSG and stumbled onto the DS. I had heard of it previously, didn't know the sleeve was the 1st step. Surgery schedule with Dr. Esquerra 6/1/17, self pay.

Welcome! We are seeing more and more people revising from VSG all the time. it just isn't sufficient for a lot of people. You've made a good decision and having the metabolic changes and malabsorption of the DS will make a big difference for you.

Well congratulations the switch part is the natural progression for for better success when a sleeve was not enough . Resleeving can be very dangerous. I have always thought of a sleeve only as just a large jump start to a diet for the rest of your life. Having said that there are some who are very successful with only a sleeve. Your date will be here in the blink of an eye.

Sorry you now have to self pay

Well congratulations the switch part is the natural progression for for better success when a sleeve was not enough . Resleeving can be very dangerous. I have always thought of a sleeve only as just a large jump start to a diet for the rest of your life. Having said that there are some who are very successful with only a sleeve. Your date will be here in the blink of an eye.

Sorry you now have to self pay
Yeah i am self pay this time around, but initally it cost me less than $500 the first time, so i feel like i am still coming on top.

That is great. My biggest mind issue is the possible bowel obstructions. They say anyone can get them, but just makes me more nervous.
Yes, anyone can. My oldest stepdaughter had one about 2 years ago and has never had bariatric surgery of any kind. Only abdominal surgery she ever had was a cesarean almost 5 years ago.

Spoke with my insurance company earlier today...asked a what if, but used silicone implants as my example. They would cover any emergency care and hospital inpatient services.Whew! The husband feels better about this too.

Latest posts

Back