Acne

Svetlana Leigh

Hello:)

I've not had acne since I was a teen and now I'm getting acne in my chin area and across my forehead. I take Doxycycline and I've been taking it for years to keep my acne at bay and it has always worked wonderfully. Also, the acne or rash across my forehead itches. I think it may be some of the vitamins that I've been taking. I stopped taking my vitamins on Monday and the itching has went away and the acne has lessened. I'm going to add them back one by one to see if I can figure out which one may be the culprit. I'm taking vitamin A, D, K, B12, copper, zinc, and a multi. I purchased calcium but I haven't taken them yet.

Please let us know how the elimination plan works. I still suspect the zinc. I upped my zinc recently for a couple of days, I am fighting a nasty cold, and bam, my forehead breaks out. Little white-heads. Damn-it, I am almost 50!

My suspicion is the zinc as well.

How far post op are you now? If still in the rapid weight lose phase, it's also due to hormone dumping.

Please let us know how the elimination plan works. I still suspect the zinc. I upped my zinc recently for a couple of days, I am fighting a nasty cold, and bam, my forehead breaks out. Little white-heads. Damn-it, I am almost 50!

My acne are small white-heads as well.

Hello:)

I've not had acne since I was a teen and now I'm getting acne in my chin area and across my forehead. I take Doxycycline and I've been taking it for years to keep my acne at bay and it has always worked wonderfully. Also, the acne or rash across my forehead itches. I think it may be some of the vitamins that I've been taking. I stopped taking my vitamins on Monday and the itching has went away and the acne has lessened. I'm going to add them back one by one to see if I can figure out which one may be the culprit. I'm taking vitamin A, D, K, B12, copper, zinc, and a multi. I purchased calcium but I haven't taken them yet.
I'm 55 years old and had acne for the first time in nearly 40 years following DS. I also had boils and toenail fungus and thrush and dandruff and all sorts of other fun stuff! All gone now. My PCP attributed all to hormones releasing from fat and 'opportunistic infections' due to my immune and endocrine systems being 'distracted' by what they thought was my starving to death. Who knows... Lots of body changes in the 10 months since my DS and what seems to be an endless stream of minor weird ailments come and go along an otherwise very positive trajectory! Hang in there. You're doing great!

Latest posts

Back