aaa triple hernia surgery [New York | Jan 28, 2016]

So triple hernias as in hernias in three different areas or different types? Dr K fixed two in me. First being a minor umbilical hernia (surface I call it) and the intestinal for which I posted the glorious picture of my guts on the table with a big old hole in the mesentery.

I remember that pic! I doubt mine are that big.

Actually, 3 hernias in 3 different places (they think) and two different types. Two in my abdomen (from past surgeries/incisional) and one that is down by my privates. That one they're not totally sure about but they have to take a look.

The odd one they think may have come from weight loss and gain over the years. The incisional ones: from my DS and gb. What's so weird to me is that I didn't have any symptoms until so many years after the surgeries. I ignored them as long as I could; however my bariatric surgeon said I just couldn't any longer. Plus the odd one causes me to limp many days.

I am glad you are getting them fixed. My incisional hernia (thanks for the term as I went into brain cramp) was painless but I could wiggle my belly button and feel it. The intestinal one in hindsight was showing symptoms. Cramping gut, feeling of not emptying when pooping, bad abdominal pain sometimes after eating, etc. That being said I think all are a pretty quick and relatively easy fix, so good luck..

and I am told that hernias are very common in our population from the massive weight loss.....I guess there is extra room for stuff to move around and get kinked up and with the incisions the wall of the abdomen is weaker in general.

Best of luck!

Ha! I am pretty sure you don't want to see me wiggling muh belly button, or a picture of the infection incision I somehow got after surgery. Pretty gross

I forgot to post this article. It basically describes what's going on with me regarding the occult hernia by my privates. It began last March with lower back pain. I'd have hip pain, groin pain and back pain again. It never stayed in one place and still doesn't. I had kidney, abdominal, and vaginal tests. No one could figure out what they think it is till the urologist. If I'd just had this article (esp. for women) it might've saved time, money and aggravation. It basically describes me.

Link

Latest posts

Back