9 Month Labs - Looking for Some Advice

TakeIII

Hello,

I just got the results of my 9 month labs and would sincerely appreciate some advice on how to adjust my vitamins. I have attached the results for reference. Column I shows the current level, and column J shows the net change from my 6 month labs. The items highlighted in yellow are those that I think I need to be concerned about.

I have been following Vitalady's recommended regimen with a few tweaks based on my last labs.

My iron continued to rise slightly. I am currently taking 300mg of Tender iron, and one 10.5mg Proferrin Heme Iron per day. Based on my current numbers, should I decrease the Tender iron a bit?

My calcium is holding at 9.4, and my PTH decreased from 43 to 32. I have not received the results for Vitamin D. I increased it based on my last labs.

My B vitamins are still high. I cut back my B12 to two per week and eliminated the B-50 complex. Despite that, B12 rose a bit from 1495 to 1540. My B6 did drop a bit from 45.4 to 38.6 but it is still above the range. The only other B6 I get is in my multi. Do I need to cut back to only one multi per day?

My K1 is alarmingly low at .19 despite the fact that I doubled it in Feb. I am taking 2,000 mcg per day. I am also taking 100 mcg of K2 per day. I'm not sure what to do about this. Should I double what I am currently taking to 4,000 mcg per day?

Thank you in advance for you input!

Tina

Attachments

• Labs_pub_03Sep2015.xls
    51 KB · Views: 11
Despite that, B12 rose a bit from 1495 to 1540. My B6 did drop a bit from 45.4 to 38.6 but it is still above the range. The only other B6 I get is in my multi. Do I need to cut back to only one multi per day?

My K1 is alarmingly low at .19 despite the fact that I doubled it in Feb. I am taking 2,000 mcg per day. I am also taking 100 mcg of K2 per day. I'm not sure what to do about this. Should I double what I am currently taking to 4,000 mcg per day?
High B12 is not an issue. It's low that causes problems.
High B6 IS an issue. Which calcium do you use? Check the label...there might be B6 hiding in it. We know of one brand that does that and others might. The problem with dropping your multi is the odd bits and pieces that the multi covers.
Go to three K1 a day, and see if your doc will retest that in three months to see if it helps.
My iron continued to rise slightly. I am currently taking 300mg of Tender iron, and one 10.5mg Proferrin Heme Iron per day. Based on my current numbers, should I decrease the Tender iron a bit?
NO!!! Actually the one you need to watch is ferritin and it needs to be above 100. 50 is barely acceptable for a DS'er. You actually need to increase your iron until your next set of labs.

High B12 is not an issue. It's low that causes problems.
High B6 IS an issue. Which calcium do you use? Check the label...there might be B6 hiding in it. We know of one brand that does that and others might. The problem with dropping your multi is the odd bits and pieces that the multi covers.
Go to three K1 a day, and see if your doc will retest that in three months to see if it helps.

NO!!! Actually the one you need to watch is ferritin and it needs to be above 100. 50 is barely acceptable for a DS'er. You actually need to increase your iron until your next set of labs.

Hi @southernlady,

My Ferritin is actually currently at 164. I think you might have looked at what it was in February. I have raised it from 52 to 164 since Feb. by adding 10.5mg Proferrin Heme Iron per day. Given that my Ferritin is at 164 would you recommend cutting back on the tender iron?

I confirmed that my calcium does not contain any B6.

Thank you for your advice.

Tina

Hi @southernlady,

My Ferritin is actually currently at 164. I think you might have looked at what it was in February. I have raised it from 52 to 164 since Feb. by adding 10.5mg Proferrin Heme Iron per day. Given that my Ferritin is at 164 would you recommend cutting back on the tender iron?

I confirmed that my calcium does not contain any B6.

Thank you for your advice.

Tina
NO, stay put. You want it as close to the top of normal as possible. Mine is currently 207...and I wish it were higher but even taking oral iron, it's dropping.

Latest posts

Back