8th year and still NSVs

Elizabeth N.

Herder of cats
I'm killing time in the airport, on my way back to NJ. Summers in MT are my sanity saver, partly due to the ability to be outside in the sun and fresh air and big sky.

the other day I took my fur nephew for a picnic to a kinda sorta ghost town. We wound up taking a little hike that, upon further research, turned out to be about three miles and include a 200 foot or so change in altitude.

the last time I was at that location was 2002. I should not have been at that altitude at all and could only creep a few yards from the car.

It was AWESOME.

Yay for NSV's. I'm looking forward to them. Congrats!

I know that hiking is really hard at my weight right now. So is fitting in my sleeping bag.

that is so wonderful! I tend to ooh and ah about clothing NSVs but the ability to do something like that really is more important.

I hope you & your husband can move out to MT for good, and soon. life is so freakin' short!

Happy you were able to do the spontaneous hike. Sorry you are headed back to NJ.
LOL indeed, felicitations and sympathies in one :p.

I made a very small effort to be more mindful of carb intake while I was out there--not much, but being further away from fast food and having multiple freezers full of lovely beef and pork were helpful. Most of that mindfulness was more than offset, I suspect, by my joyous consumption of many Montana microbrews.

According to my sister's scale, I lost ten pounds in those 8 weeks. That's the ONLY time of my year that I get on a scale other than at the doc's office or gym.

It is a LOT more meaningful to me to be able to enjoy the increased fitness and the ability to do physical activities at high altitudes than it is to watch the stupid scale. Heck, I even get happy over the fact that I can load the pickup with trash, cart it to the dump, and fling bagloads of garbage!

Latest posts

Back