7 Years Ago...

k9ophile

I woke up wanting the license of the truck that ran over me and wondering if there was any way my surgeon could undo my DS. (Like that would take the pain away.) It took me a good three months before I felt human again. I wouldn't change a thing. Well, maybe the 3 month thing.

So if you're recovering, it does get better and three months of feeling like death warmed over is not the norm. I gave my CPAP machine to someone who couldn't afford one. I gave up my anti-hypertensive and cholesterol lowering medications and a whole lot of body pain. While I gained a lot of supplements and vitamins, I also gained a life that consists of way more than sitting on the sidelines.

And I can eat all the :bacondance: I want!

Thanks for the encouragement! I am atypical too because I have had almost zero pain and I started back working (from home, on a computer) 6 days after surgery and I feel fantastic except when I overdo (I walked a bit too far with the dog today I think). I expected the 3 months of hell and the cosmic crapshoot gave me a free pass... go figure. Everyone's journey is different but I *do* know that even if it had been a lot tougher on me, it would be totally worth it in the long run :)

I'm just 12 days out and I measured today. Since my highest weight/size in June when I started a low carb/high protein diet, I've lost 5" off my waist and 6" off my hips. I can't see a difference though LOL

I really like the part about eating all you want... LOL
I'm adjusting to the new stomach and it's really weird because it definitely doesn't hold much. I have to tell myself that no, I will NOT starve to death if the portions are that small. I'm starting to get used to it...and liking it! :)

Thanks, Liz. My surgery date was Oct. 14, but I don't remember anything from that day. It was the next day that the hell descended upon me.

K9 thank you for sharing this. for me it was 2 months of feeling like death eatin' a cracker. Only at 4 months and still such a baby at this. I am thrilled to have you and all the other vets to follow and learn from.

Congratulations!

Latest posts

Back