6 month labs

star0210

I'm tickled!! Got most of my 6 month labs back and I couldn't be more pleased.

My vitamin D is at 81...up from 66.
My PTH is at 17 down from 26.
I'm so happy that switching from calcium citrate to hydroxyapatite didn't hurt my calcium level.

My iron is up to 102 from 69 and my ferritin is up to 46 from 38.

My cholesterol numbers are all now in normal range compared to just 3 months ago.

The downs so far..
My prealbumin dropped from 25 to 19
My A dropped from 72 to 35.

Still waiting on the rest.

I'm tickled!! Got most of my 6 month labs back and I couldn't be more pleased.

My vitamin D is at 81...up from 66.
My PTH is at 17 down from 26.
I'm so happy that switching from calcium citrate to hydroxyapatite didn't hurt my calcium level.

My iron is up to 102 from 69 and my ferritin is up to 46 from 38.

My cholesterol numbers are all now in normal range compared to just 3 months ago.

The downs so far..
My prealbumin dropped from 25 to 19
My A dropped from 72 to 35.

Still waiting on the rest.

Good news, cool! Could you expound a little bit regarding the calcium? i.e. why did you switch, what type/brand is it....and I thought you were doing the patch MD thingy also? Reason I ask, is I am doing the patch every other day and taking pills the other halfof the time.

The calcium citrate was constipating me something crazy...I switched to Jarrow Bone Up (the 3 a day formula - I take 6) which is calcium hydroxyapatite.

I was doing the D plus calcium patch for a bit because of the constipation issue but then I read that calcium has to go through the gut for bones so I stopped using the patches and switched to the Jarrow Bone Up.

I'm still dealing with constipation but it's not nearly as bad as it was on the citrate.

Hey, did you see my thread about leptin? I thought you might find that interesting.

I was doing the D plus calcium patch for a bit because of the constipation issue but then I read that calcium has to go through the gut for bones so I stopped using the patches and switched to the Jarrow Bone Up.

Hey, did you see my thread about leptin? I thought you might find that interesting

Where/why/how did you come to the conclusion that the patches wouldn’t benefit to bone absorption? If that’s true, then what benefit would there be for the company in even marketing the patch, i.e. prevention of bone loss being the primary reason anyone would supplement calcium? I remember some debate on here a while back from Diana and some others, but couldn’t find it.

Yeah, I was interested the leptin post, thxs for the info, but hadn’t had a chance to put my “2 cents” in the hat yet, but, did this morning.

I'll have to find the article I read on it..but the conclusion from everybody was that for proper bone health calcium had to go through the gut.
I wasn't willing to risk it so I stopped the patches and switched from citrate to hydroxyapatite.

Maybe someone else has the article handy or can shed some light on this...
I think @DianaCox chimed in on that topic at some point.

Congrads! I've read that dropping levels of A are more common than not, so probably no worries. At least the pills are small and cheap and have no side effects.

Latest posts

Back