6 Month Labs - Could use some expert advice

TakeIII

Hello,

I just got the results of my 6 month labs and would sincerely appreciate some advice on how to adjust my vitamins. I have attached the results for reference. Column G shows the current level, and column H shows the net change from my 3 month labs. The items highlighted in yellow are those that I think I need to be concerned about. However, input on anything that appears out of whack is greatly appreciated.

I have been following Vitalady's recommended regimen with a few tweaks based on my 3 month labs.

My doctor has indicated that my iron is too high and that I need to quit supplementing. I know that is not the answer as my 3 month labs indicated that I was low. In addition to the 300mg of Tender iron, I added one 10.5mg Proferrin Heme Iron per day in February. Based on my current numbers, do I need to decrease one of the two?

My calcium is holding at 9.4, however my PTH jumped from 26 to 43. I know it is important to keep this on the low end. My D just barely nudged forward from 54.4 to 55.3. I know I want to get this much closer to 100. Currently I am taking 1800mg of Calcium Citrate and 50,000IU of D3 three days a week and 100,000IU 4 days/week. Do I need to increase both of these? If so, how much would you recommend?

My B vitamins are still high. I cut back my B12 to two per week and B-50 complex to 3 per week in February. It looks like I might need to eliminate them completely.

I'm still waiting on my K1. It was on the low end of normal when my last labs were taken. I'm hoping that by increasing that, I will see a positive result. My A dropped, however I ran out of that for 3 weeks and completely forgot to buy more.

Thank you in advance for you input!

Sorry, I should have posted this in the Vitamins/Labs forum. I don't believe I can move it.

Tina

Attachments

• Labs_pub_02Jun2015.xls
    33.5 KB · Views: 4
Last edited:
1) Don't change a thing about your iron for now.
2) Need more D. I would go to 100,000 every day. You want that one as close to 100 as possible. And getting it up will drop your PTH.
3) STOP the B Complex.
4) Your B12 is FINE so continue it. And add more to take the place of what is in the B Complex.
Reason to stop the B Complex IS THE B6 which too high can cause permanent neurological damage. But TOO LOW on the B12 can also cause permanent neurological damage. Keep your B12 at least where it is.
5) Your protein is down and your pre-albumin has dropped. Maybe add more protein to every day.

Thank you very much for your help @southernlady!

Last time I checked with Vitalady, she did not have the Tender Iron on hand. Are there any other brands that you can suggest? I tried looking on amazon, but there are so many different types. I'm not sure which one would be an equivalent to the Tender Iron.

I will also work on the protein. I was really struggling with the shakes. I've recently seen a number of good threads on protein shakes, I will look at what others are suggesting.

Latest posts

Back