3 months out.

That is so great!! Congrats!
Me too on the I am getting concerned I may loose too much.
My surgery was Dec 7/2015 and was 231 days of surgery.
I am 172 lbs now (5.6")
so 59 lbs in about 5 1/2 months
My goal weight is about 140. But its muscle tone that I am more interested in. So I have to start exercising, and with weights.
I have one of those electronic scales and it says my muscle mass is 36% and fat is 33%
I dont know how good or awful that is but everything is SAGGING lol!!

Are you having any issued with excess skin and sagging?
Im thinking the bat wings on my arm may cause just as much self consciousness as being over weight did!

Again Congrats!

I am 172 lbs now (5.6")
My goal weight is about 140. But its muscle tone that I am more interested in. So I have to start exercising, and with weights.
I have one of those electronic scales and it says my muscle mass is 36% and fat is 33%

Im thinking the bat wings on my arm may cause just as much self consciousness as being over weight did!

Again Congrats!
You sound like your doing great! I have a little bit of saggy skin but nothing that concerns me.

I am 172 lbs now (5.6")

Again Congrats!
We're all different! And you're doing great!

BTW... I'm down 103 lbs in not yet 7 months (plus the 30+ I lost prep) so I have really intense sagging and excess skin. If I hold out an arm, the sag hanging down is twice the size of what remains of the arm! Legs are similar and don't even ask about the belly! I still have ~60 lbs to go so not worrying about it too much yet. I'm 55 so I know it won't tighten up completely but I moisturize religiously and will give it a year or so after I finish loosing before deciding whether I need plastics.

You still have 32# to go to get to your goal, so why are you worrying about losing too much weight now? Conversely, I have about 25# left and I worry about NOT losing it all. We both need to stop worrying... until or if it's really time to worry.
Very good realization. Don't stress about the ride. You are really just a passenger and your DS is the driver.

For those three months out are you eating any carbs outside of veggies?
I'm seven months out as of today - yay! - and still no carbs other than 1 gram/day in my protein shake, a spoonful of almond butter, and the few veggies I can tolerate - currently zucchini, green beans, winter squash, and tiny amounts of tomato sauce. All other veggies, especially greens, are still of the table for me at this point (unless I want to spend hours in the bathroom). I have no issues with finely chopped fresh herbs and finely grated ginger and garlic. That's it. Everything else is protein and fat. Definitely crave salad and spinach and roasted Brussels sprouts, but I'm being patient and trying every now and then to see if things are better (not yet).

I am a little more than 2.5 years and i eat all kinds of carbs, including the bad ones like cake, ice cream, cookies, doughnuts, bagels, chips, taco shells, salsa, pb & j, potatoes of all kinds, pasta and rice, cereal and veggies of all kinds. I probably have 150-200 carbs a day. If it starts being a problem i will cut back so far I am okay.

I didn't eat anywhere near that amount the first 6-9 months because I didn't really want them and I wasn't eating all that much overall.

I don't recommend anybody following my diet because of my absorption issues, but as I tell people I had the surgery to live and eating is a big part of that. I don't care if I'm a few extra pounds over my ideal if it means I am enjoying myself. That being said if I see I put on an extra 20 or 30 pounds I will dial it back.

Latest posts

Back