3 months out.

jim1969

Today I am 3 months out. I started this journey at 293#'s and as of today I'm at 217.6. I'm down 75.4 pounds. I have had no problems getting my vitamins, water, or protein in. I really never had a stall unless you consider losing a 1 or 2 pounds during a week a stall. No bathroom issues except just being stinky! The last 2 weeks the weight has been coming off fast again but I think it's because how active I have been. Getting the campground ready in spring is very physical work and long hours. As I get closer to my goal of 190# I would be lying if I said I wasn't a little concerned of losing to much weight.

As I get closer to my goal of 190# I would be lying if I said I wasn't a little concerned of losing to much weight.
AS long as your labs are good, do not worry about getting a little low as long as you don't get to an 18.5 BMI. Being in the 20-24 range BMI is fine. Because most of us experience bounce back.

NOW if your labs show that you are having issues, try to fix those.

Im not a big believer in the BMI scale. According to BMI scale 170 pounds would put me at 24.39 and 140 pounds would put me at 20.09. So to be in the normal range I need to lose 47.6 pounds yet. I have wide shoulders, big chested, and thick legs with no butt. LOL! Years ago I got down to 204 pounds and people were telling me I lost enough weight. So I cant imagine dropping to 170 pounds to be in the normal BMI.

You are doing so well Jim. Honestly on the weight side of things it is a bit of a head game. I went into the saying that I wanted to get down to 220 and I would be happy but honestly I find the 185 numbet to be a really good weight if I just felt better. And as Liz points out if your labs are doing well then don't worry about the weight. I know it's easier said than done but you will lose and then you'll bounce back and you'll be just fine. BMI is a silly number at higher weights but I believe as we are lighter it becomes more accurate. I don't know your height but two of friends who had the DS are both around 5'6 and both around 145. They look and feel good and btw are also Marshall patients (cookie cutter works better for shorter people imo) .

Keep up your activity as I think that is really good for you. I don't think you're going to lose too much or lab values get too low because although I lost rapidly like you were doing I felt like garbage the entire time and you've been feeling good so I think it's working for you.

You're doing great! Just hang on to your muscle mass and don't worry about the scale.

That is AWESOME! I was concerned with dropping too much weight as well and asked DR K at my 6 week check up. I only have about 15 more pounds until the "goal weight". I don't have as much to lose being a tall lightweight and because my revision was more medically related then weight loss. And Dr K told me to add in some natural sugar like honey in my yogurt or a glass of orange juice in the morning. He said you will see a bounce back but in order to make it easier on you and your body you don't want to drop so low so quickly.

I'm trying not to hate you. I will be 3 months out the 29th and I'm hoping to be at 45 pounds...but I am a revision. I tend to lose a large amount of weight in a week or two, then the scale virtually doesn't move for 3 weeks, then I lose again, all the while my clothes are getting bigger. I'm getting used to the cycle now but at first it freaked me out. I really try to stay off the scale except for 1x a week.

So, I will not hate you and say "congrats!". It doesn't matter how fast we get to goal, as long as we get there, right? :D

I'm trying not to hate you. I will be 3 months out the 29th and I'm hoping to be at 45 pounds...but I am a revision. I tend to lose a large amount of weight in a week or two, then the scale virtually doesn't move for 3 weeks, then I lose again, all the while my clothes are getting bigger. I'm getting used to the cycle now but at first it freaked me out. I really try to stay off the scale except for 1x a week.

So, I will not hate you and say "congrats!". It doesn't matter how fast we get to goal, as long as we get there, right? :D
Please try not to compare your weight loss to anyone else. We all lose differently. I am sure you are losing inches and weight so just hang in there and it will come off.

We will all get there!

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back