2 Year Labs

Whit

2 year labs- Most on the lower end of normal. Only slightly down from last year. Exceptions: extremely high B12 (1585); high B6 (111); D (52) up from 25; RBC (3.69); Mag (1.6); Potassium (3.4); AST (57); ALT (90).

I have an appointment with my Dr. but any insight from you geeks out there in the meantime?

I am not a lab geek but, I have looked up some facts that I will share. You can see if you can make any sense of them. :D

What was the range for your D? Mine shows a range of 30 - 100 so 52 would be mid range.

I stopped supplementing the B's expect for in my multi because they get too high.

The hemoglobin test may be used to screen for, diagnose, or monitor a number of conditions and diseases that affect red blood cells (RBCs) and/or the amount of hemoglobin in blood. Some conditions affect RBC production in the bone marrow and may cause an increase or decrease in the number of mature RBCs released into the blood circulation. What is your Hemoglobin? Hematocrit?

My labs range for Magnesium is 1.6 to 2.6, that would put you at the low end of normal. Low blood levels of magnesium may indicate that a person is not consuming or absorbing enough magnesium or is excreting too much.

Potassium range for my lab is 3.5 - 5.2 which has you just under. An increase may indicate dehydration what is your trend?

0 - 40 AST range: AST levels are often compared with results of other tests, such as alkaline phosphatase (ALP), total protein, and bilirubin to help determine which form of liver disease is present.
0 - 32 ALT Range: AST and ALT are considered to be two of the most important tests to detect liver injury, although ALT is more specific to the liver than is AST
My AST used to be 105 and my ALT was 52. They are currently 16 and 23, no one seemed too concerned.

I will be interested to see what your Dr. has to say.

Last edited:
2 year labs- Most on the lower end of normal. Only slightly down from last year. Exceptions: extremely high B12 (1585); high B6 (111); D (52) up from 25; RBC (3.69); Mag (1.6); Potassium (3.4); AST (57); ALT (90).

I have an appointment with my Dr. but any insight from you geeks out there in the meantime?
B12 may show high but it really isn't too high...mine routinely stays OVER 2000 and the ONLY B I take of any kind is what is in my Kirkland Multi. And honestly, it has been over 2000 as long as I can remember. LONG before I even started taking vitamins prior to the DS.

I don't know if you are taking a B Complex or something besides the multi with B6 but that one I would stop. Too high on the B6 is dangerous/toxic. Can cause permanent nerve damage.

Add individual B's as needed, not the complex. You want your B12 to remain up in that range.

What was your PTH? I suspect it is high based on your D. How much D are you taking? I have to take 50,000 D3 M-F and 100,000 on Sat & Sun. Some take up to 200,000 a day depending on where their D is.

You really do not want to be trending down...you want to stay up in the high range of normal except for B6, PTH, and I THINK one other. B6 and PTH NEED to be low normal...PTH as close to the bottom as possible and the B6 low to mid normal.

You might want to post a copy (sanitized of personal info) of your labs.

Hi,
My Printer (scanner) is not fuctioning. I have attached my spreadsheet comparing blood tests covering 2 years. There are several holes. LabCorp sucks. This time I opted for the Hospital. They stuck me on the first try and drew 14 vile's in no time.

Thank you for the feedback.
Whit

Attachments

• 2 Year Labs.pdf
    32.4 KB · Views: 7
Okay, add more calcium...and D...that should bring down your PTH which, while normal, is still on the high side.

I noticed your calcium has been trending down and is just barely in range now. You want it as close to mid normal as you can get. And your protein is on a downward trend as well. Maybe add a protein shake?

@southernlady

Thank you Liz I appreciate your input. I ordered 50,000 D from VitaLady and will also up my Calcium. I will add another shake to my day as well and see where that gets me.

Best,
Whit

Latest posts

Back