You can't make this shit up - SMH - surgery tomorrow

Not until July 20. -_- Four more prep appointments with Kaiser and a quick 5 day vacation with grandkids in between. Nothing says 'summer' like Palm Desert in July! It's okay though. We'll be in the pool the whole time and it will take my mind off my angst!
Have to choose between general anesthesia or spinal. Initially there was no question that I wanted to be completely knocked out. Now I am slightly considering the benefits of a local: extended pain management right after the surgery, no cognitive impairment on my already aged brain, less chance of nausea. Will be meeting with anesthesiologist on the 8th to talk about this and possibility of enough sedation that I won't really hear or smell anything if I choose local. Never thought this might be an option I would even consider. We will see....

Not until July 20. -_- Four more prep appointments with Kaiser and a quick 5 day vacation with grandkids in between. Nothing says 'summer' like Palm Desert in July! It's okay though. We'll be in the pool the whole time and it will take my mind off my angst!
Have to choose between general anesthesia or spinal. Initially there was no question that I wanted to be completely knocked out. Now I am slightly considering the benefits of a local: extended pain management right after the surgery, no cognitive impairment on my already aged brain, less chance of nausea. Will be meeting with anesthesiologist on the 8th to talk about this and possibility of enough sedation that I won't really hear or smell anything if I choose local. Never thought this might be an option I would even consider. We will see....
That is a good discussion to have. Best of luck.

@DSRIGGS elevate the...how to put this delicately...swollen area by placing a wash cloth or small towel under it whenever lying down to let gravity be your friend instead of your enemy. And don't overdo it just because you're feeling ok. As someone with a large dog who makes sudden lunges and pulls like crazy at the site of a squirrel (or bird, lizard, or falling leaf) I know how fast you can be pulled around, and that would really hurt and set back your recovery.
Take care of yourself!

@DSRIGGS elevate the...how to put this delicately...swollen area by placing a wash cloth or small towel under it whenever lying down to let gravity be your friend instead of your enemy. And don't overdo it just because you're feeling ok. As someone with a large dog who makes sudden lunges and pulls like crazy at the site of a squirrel (or bird, lizard, or falling leaf) I know how fast you can be pulled around, and that would really hurt and set back your recovery.
Take care of yourself!
I just woke up from a nap. I had a frozen back of corn on my groin where the majority of pain is that I am experiencing. I may do the boys now.

I am trying to take it easy and Dianna I have boxer briefs not regular boxers. They do provide support for the boys.

Thanks

Just got back in to town from our camping trip, I am glad to see that all went well for you, Scott. I hope you are truly finished with surgeries for a while. Keep up the great progress on healing.

Just got back in to town from our camping trip, I am glad to see that all went well for you, Scott. I hope you are truly finished with surgeries for a while. Keep up the great progress on healing.
Thanks my friend

Latest posts

Back