Will you play a little "what if" game with me?

Of the choices given I'd choose the SADI, It's a bigger gun than the RnY and doesn't have the same diet limitations, plus tylenol doesn't do diddle for me. I think the SADI isn't a bad operation it's just not old enough for doctors and patients to have made all the mistakes yet. (of course in a world without the DS you'd be left with not a lot of options if you had afferent limb or bile reflux issues). Complications, Nutrition, and supplementation after DS is understood pretty well because we have people who have been living with it and making mistakes (and learning from others' mistakes) for well over a decade.

For me, the choice is which bariatric surgery is best for someone with GERD.

I had severe GERD prior to gastric bypass. It got better after surgery but 8 months later reflux returned. Last summer, Dr K performed surgery on me but not a revision to DS, which he is highly capable of and which we discussed; instead, he did a Nissen Fundoplication, hernia repair (which I had pre-GB), and removed a Lynx device. I’m doing great; my Barrett’s Esophagus has resolved, and my weight is healthy (though still on the low side). I have never thrown up post-gastric bypass, and I also do not dump or have RH. This could change but if that happens, I’ll handle it; no question.

I appreciate this community so much and it was because of them I learned about Dr K’s abdominal surgery expertise, including complex cases, and he was able to repair my insides, and lessen my esophageal cancer risk.

Latest posts

Back