Why I'm Having the Revision

star0210

i had the VSG 4.5 yrs ago. I still have what I think is a fair amount of restriction.
Since deciding to have the revision, I've cleaned up my diet and my eating habits. I'm not a breakfast person and over he last couple of years I've slipped back into the habit of not eating anything until lunch time or even later cause I'm just not hungry.
So I've been making a conscious effort to have a protein shake in the mornings or a Greek yogurt. If I'm still not hungry at lunch time I'll have another protein shake. Our dinners have been mostly protein sometimes with a side of veggies. Grilled chicken tenderloins with some sautéed mixed veggies or scrambled eggs. For snack ill either have some cheese or sunflower seeds or maybe a few pieces of beef jerky. Staying away from simple carbs because I will gain just looking at them.
I've also been making a big effort to drink a LOT more water.
So I get on the scale two days ago and I've actually gained two lbs from last week. I told my husband to come look and he was just floored. He said how in the hell is that possible?
I don't know what's going on or not going on with my metabolism...I think I don't even HAVE. Metabolism. It's broken, busted, dead.

:(

Sunflower seeds (with salt) and esp jerky will make me retain water like crazy, but I'm a human sponge. Eat a couple hot dogs- gain 5lbs over the next few days and deal with tight calves. I hope the revision goes well, everyone deserves to have the right surgery for their needs!!

yep, sounds like you are doing your best and you need a revision. you aren't alone!

how are your pants fitting? a better gauge then the scale, IMO

Hope you go to a good revision doc. I will never be sorry I went to Dr Rabkin. Considered Dr Keshishian, but insurance was kinder with Rabkin. Loved him ! I am doing very well.

I'm self pay....I'm going to Dr. Ungson in Mexicali.
He will determine when I get there whether my sleeve needs tightening up or needs to be re-sleeved. If not, then he's just doing the intestinal part.
When someone has a virgin full DS, are they still making the sleeve a bit larger than they do for a standalone VSG?

Latest posts

Back