Where is my calm before the storm?

I need to get my shit together!!!! My stepson will be here in a hour! Must be strong for the child! He's a very sensitive caring boy and there is no need to put my adult worries onto him. I think it's time to take a breather from all the WLS until he goes to bed tonight. Thanks for letting me vent here...I do think I'm half nuts lol. But it's also a full moon...so maybe Im a werewoman lol. Anyways, I shall be back on about 9pm uk time. Love y'all!

It's just stress, it'll work itself through, just keep hydrated! :) I'm tellin ya, I was the same way...no prob until that weekend before then I was a hot mess. I knew it was going to be ok then blubber for a bit....my husband would roll his eyes and finally come over and give me a hug then I'd really sob. It was annoying! I couldn't control it! Just breathe deep, focus on the stepson and keep drinking. :) You will conquer this girliness!!! You will!! ;)

bleh! I'm better again! I made hubz a Vday card and wrote an essay in it....he validated my fears, reassured me and I got the most emotional hug the bloke could muster lol. So many unknowns! Turns out, I'm kind of a control freak and like to plan 10 moves ahead...and I can't do that right now....taking one day at a time has never been my forte. Guess now is the time to practice being in the here and now....and not worry about tomorrow. So far I have narrowed down my fears to a)me dying and leaving mike broken hearted and/or b) our marriage breaking up like many WLS people and we are both broken hearted. There it is...all my fears are about love. lol. Im a soppy git, what can I say?

Btw. Disclaimer: I AM. Completely nuts lol but not the scary kind....more the dorky kind. I've made 90% of my friends online including the one and only hubzter :)
I like people who are a bit nuts, as long as it isn't the scary kind, lol! I've always been told I'm too serious, so it helps balance that a bit, I think, to have friends who are a little bit crazy ;). Oh, and I also met my hubby online. :)

No tampons Roo!
***Men- just save yourselves and stop reading now!
I had Aunt Flo (or as my husband calls it, Helga the horrible) for something crazy like 13 days pre op, I went to the gyno becuse I hadn't gotten it in years and then had what felt like hemmoraging and was scared shitless. Anyways, I asked the nurse as soon as we got checked in about the tampon situation and she said no and then giggled a little at the look of horror on my face and said the drs deal with so much blood that it won't make a difference to them. Ew. Gross. Well, by the grace of god, before they wheeled me away I went to the bathroom and Helga had exited the building! I hope you have the same luck!

Oh yeah...I lucked out as well...Aunt Flo left the day before surgery for me and did not make a reappearance - praise geezus! I had a boatload of pads with me just in case.

Helga the horrible

LMFAO. I swear I nearly just snotted out my last starbucks!!! I knew it was coming....Im like clockwork...not via the calendar by via my appitite lol. I knew by the ravenous monster in my tummy that it was going to be any minute! grrr. Thankfully, thus far, it is a light one. I did come on straight after my sleeve as well....so who knows. Ok so I guess I AM going to have to float out of the OR lol. Baby wipes will be my friend until they wheel me in!

I was reminded by @Parousia that I have imessage as I use an iphone....so I think I could imessage anyone who wanted to communicate with a moaning zombie lol. Message me to get or give email address cos I'm not putting mine out there for the world to spam lol

One more day!!!! Had friends over for Sunday roast and tomorrow am seeing the Lego movie with the hubz and stepson. Then onto packing for my hospital stay. I have a list and have made my luggage tags with full name, patient number and surgeons name so hopefully nothing will be lost or forgotten :) Getting proper excited!!! Life is about to change dramatically! :D

No sleep AT ALL last night....I finally gave up the ghost at 3:45am and came downstairs. I might as well stay awake now as I need to be up at 2am on Thursday so it will be helpful if I can fall asleep at 7pm tonight :) To say I am excited is an understatement. I have started to pack and tick things off my list. Movie was cancelled as stepson had to go home early :( We only found out last night before mike and I went to bed, so there were tears this morning. Bless him. It does work out for us a bit better though as everything was going to be rushed. Now the plan is to get Harley off to kennel for the week, finish packing, sort out piercings and try to get some sleep! It's like a child waiting for Santa!!! This time tomorrow I could be buck ass nekkid, a catheter up my hoohaw, a needle in my arm and a mask on my face. Crazy that it came so quick! I waited for a million years and it all happened in a couple of weeks.

Only vaguely nervous. I've sorted things out as best as I could, now I need to leave the rest up to the universe and my stubborn will to live through everything life throws my way :)

Latest posts

Back