Whats your BMI now?

40 to 19.5
lost 119
Revision RNY to DS
Good for you Whit!! You weren't afraid to finish the battle when your RNY had achieved all it could. I know several former RNY folks who've regained and are now 100lbs over weight after 10ish yrs. They're still down a lot from their high, but most feel bad about present weight. I'm using you as an example for them to reconsider a DS now!

Highest: 54 Lowest: 23.6 Current: 26.6 At 23.6, I looked horrible and didn't feel so good. I had lost more weight after I had a total knee replacement as my appetite tanked. I don't put a whole lot of stock in BMI numbers. It's like saying I have blue eyes and expecting that to let you know what I look like from one fact. My health is measured by far more useful numbers.

http://the-f-word.org/blog/index.php/2009/07/22/the-history-of-bmi-and-why-we-still-use-it/

If you bother to read this link, be sure to read paragraph 5, "Here's the kicker..." and don't forget the marketing aspect of BMI numbers by the massive diet/weight loss industry.

Pre-op BMI 45
Now 23.3
I was at a BMI of 21 at 5'6" and looked horrible, I lost an inch in height and gained 10#. I could use more weight in my upper body and face and LESS around the waist. PS would probably solve both problems but that's not happening at my age. I feel good so there is my goal!

@SHales & @Millie - the too skinny stage, face too thin, ribby up top.. yep. I hit a low under 135, and am nearly 5'7".. Skeletor up top.. but leftovers (belly) below. Had people telling me to stop, got called "bird-like"!! Realized, yes I do actually have a small frame, but still, that was too thin on me, just took a bit for me to see/feel it.. granted now I'm about 10 over where I prefer, still right at my original "goal" within a lb or two.. So, Mille- it is fun to be in the too-skinny club for a bit, and over-losing is imo, a good thing, but it's a heck of a lot more comfy, for lifestyle's sake to be just be normal and healthy, which will likely happen on it's own accord in a while..

My goal was to be normal, and be comfortable with me and my body, and my relationship with food.. it's still a huge work in progress, but without surgery, I wouldn't have even stood a chance to change it. I did this on my own before and maybe just being 15yrs older, knowing more.. having the benefit of the VSG (likely all of the above).. this time it doesn't feel futile, even when I'm battling (sorta, not-really) 10 extra like almost every single mid-40's woman I know.. what was that I said about wanting to be normal? lol.

I lost 1/2 inch in height after back surgery. I was a solid (haha) 5'8", now 5'7.5". When I went for my dexascan, the tech measured me at 5'6.5"! No way. But she really slammed the ruler down on my head-ouch! Anyhoo, my weight at my one year follow up was 137. I am teetering on looking skeletal. I was given a script for Creon to increase absorption, and stop the weight loss. Discussed with hubby, and we decided I'm gonna try to eat more, and maintain myself. If I start flirting with <135, will start Creon.

I lost 1/2 inch in height after back surgery. I was a solid (haha) 5'8", now 5'7.5". When I went for my dexascan, the tech measured me at 5'6.5"! No way. But she really slammed the ruler down on my head-ouch! Anyhoo, my weight at my one year follow up was 137. I am teetering on looking skeletal. I was given a script for Creon to increase absorption, and stop the weight loss. Discussed with hubby, and we decided I'm gonna try to eat more, and maintain myself. If I start flirting with <135, will start Creon.
I actually regained 1/2 inch that I was losing. The way my back surgeon did mine redid the height between to vertebrata with a piece of bone from my hip. I had gotten to 5'3 1/2", now back up to 5'4".
I am right on 24.9 BMI, another ounce and I slip over.

Latest posts

Back