What to do with Greek yogurt

DBmom23

it is so good for you that I want to increase my intake, but I'm just not that crazy about it. Wondering if anyone has any recipes or tricks to increase the yum factor. Thank you!

Maple extract, HWC, your choice of sweetener(I use a mix of stevia and Splenda) with walnuts! Yummy

I've used crystal light, SF pudding, let frozen fruit thaw on it (since it gets kinda watery when it melts) various artificial sweeteners, but my fave ways are to make tzatziki or top it with honey and nuts. I guess I got a little Greek in me ;)

I've heard you can use it in place of mayo in any dish - especially good for when you get tired of sweet stuff.

I use it in place of sour cream most of the time for savory stuff like on mexican-style food. As for breakfast, we make smoothies out of it with berries, protein powder, spinach and a little coconut water. Good luck with it!

Ooooh, I forgot that I use it in place of mayo when I make pimento cheese, too! I don't really like mayo, so I actually like it better and it boosts the protein up a bit as well :)
In case you haven't had the luxury of spending time in the south (I didn't know about the wonder of pimento cheese until I moved down here) here's a recipe. I like to use pickled jalapeños or long hots in place of or in addition to the pimentos, or sometimes just add cayenne or chipotle to spice it up. I've had it with pecans and bacon mixed in as well. Om nom nommmm
http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/paula-deen/bobbys-pimento-cheese-recipe.html

peanut butter in vanilla greek yogurt is wonderful! already planning on having it when I get to phase 2 - a month after surgery!

@duh_Mom, how are you feeling getting so close now?! i have been eating low carb for the past few weeks but today had 1/2 bagel with light cream cheese since it's my last day of real food before surgery. Ate it over about 20 minutes just to enjoy!
Are you on the VLCD? Going to the spa tomorrow?

@DBmom23 I am in a good place. Yep, been doing that VLCD - today and tomorrow are liquid protein drinks only - no bariatric foods.Having a vanilla injury now with SF Peanut butter Davinci syrup. but still feeling pretty hungry. Yep, tomorrow is the spa - sounds so decadent. massage, mani / pedi and hair cut. Also have to take the golden girls to the vet in the early am so not really going to have time to think about anything. I am not really scared - ready to make this a reality.
How about you? I'll be thinking of you Tuesday am too.

Latest posts

Back