What Prolia Has Done So Far

k9ophile

My PCP follows my osteoporosis between Dexa scans with n-telopeptide testing. It's a urine sample, easy enough to do without enduring needles. My latest result after a Prolia injection has shown a drastic improvement. I still have to wait until August for my next Dexa, yet I'm glad it's helping. I also got my Medicare EOB. Cost of Prolia is $2640.00, and my share may be $222.96. I don't know if Tricare will kick in for the rest, yet I'm grateful for my relatively low co-pay if it doesn't.

I know that some of you are refusing drugs like Boniva, Forteo, Prolia, etc. and I respect that. I decided it was worth the risk and am pleased. Just thought I'd share for those who are wondering if Prolia helps.

My PCP follows my osteoporosis between Dexa scans with n-telopeptide testing. It's a urine sample, easy enough to do without enduring needles. My latest result after a Prolia injection has shown a drastic improvement. I still have to wait until August for my next Dexa, yet I'm glad it's helping. I also got my Medicare EOB. Cost of Prolia is $2640.00, and my share may be $222.96. I don't know if Tricare will kick in for the rest, yet I'm grateful for my relatively low co-pay if it doesn't.

I know that some of you are refusing drugs like Boniva, Forteo, Prolia, etc. and I respect that. I decided it was worth the risk and am pleased. Just thought I'd share for those who are wondering if Prolia helps.

Susie Sunshine here. I just read somewhere...now I have to go find it...that testing during treatment produces unreliable results.

I’m reading such things because I’ll (likely) soon be starting Forteo. Damn.

Susie Sunshine here. I just read somewhere...now I have to go find it...that testing during treatment produces unreliable results.

I’m reading such things because I’ll (likely) soon be starting Forteo. Damn.

Now that I'm in my late 60's, I don't expect miracles to my health. I just do what I think minimizes catastrophic results and hope for the best. Too much research leaves me dazed and confused. However, I did read the article. I offer you this in case you're wondering about markers other than DEXA scans:
https://academic.oup.com/jcem/article/85/10/3537/2851727

I know you are concerned about taking Forteo. I hope you find some resolution to your concerns about the osteoporosis and/or the treatment. People ain't just a wolfing when they say old age isn't for sissies.

Latest posts

Back