What do you use for "breading"?

brooklyngirl

Yankee gone south
I'm not sure where I should've posted this, but I've read about people using crushed pork rinds or almond flour as a substitute for breading on things like fried chicken. What do you use? I have coconut, almond and soy flours as well as pork rinds all in my pantry waiting to be tried out :)

Spicy pork rinds. They are not very spicy when used as breading and are delicious on chicken and pork chops.

Coconut flour does not work well, a mix of Kraft parm and some almond flour is ok.. but my fav so far was when I fried smelts after tossing them in very finely crushed pork rinds.. that will be my go to coating from now on.

I have actually fried my own pork rinds, it's so much fun to watch them poof, and also- the yum factor.. I need to buy a bag of them online again. Flavor any way you like from there..

Crushed corn flakes. I seem to be able to handle corn even though flour, oats, quinoa, rice, etc. do not agree with me anymore.

I've used crushed Fiber One cereal before. After RNY, I used to mix no fat cream cheese and cool whip together and then put that into an ice cube tray with a crushed Fiber One/Splenda coating. Homemade low cal/low carb cheescake bites.

I also used the crushed Fiber One with butter/spices to make a crunchy coating for baked chicken.

The pork rind coating never worked out for me either. Fiber One is okay, but needs doctoring.

Latest posts

Back