What do you think?

Dawn

Hello all
So my center has no idea what I should expect with weight loss if any at all. What do you guys think with going from RNY to sleeve? It was going well sw 267 and Thursday I was 247 which was awesome. Today however 252. I'm getting in 2350ml and 84gr protein I'm 3.5 wks out.

See this surgery was extremely hard on my 3 yr old and we have been having issues with him, and with the leak that scared the shit out of me. Now I'm thinking about waiting a yr for the DS.

I should change my user name to mixed bag of emotions lol.

I can't imagine--but I'm not the science geek--what benefit there would be in going through A surgery, only to need ANOTHER surgery.

And speaking as the mom of a then 2-year-old whose mommy was "missing" (hospitalized) for ten days in the era when children were not allowed in the hospital at all...they pick up on OUR emotions. The more anxious you are, the more upset he will be. (Someplace in here, I actually have a degree in this shit, but personal experience is, for me, a more reliable teacher of how these things go.). And wanna talk anxious? My kid wouldn't even say hello to me on the phone. She had been abandoned, and didn't want to be friends. (She eventually got over it...but 37 years later I still wanna cry when I think about it...lol)

He will get over this surgery much faster than he will get over watching you have a stroke.

I don't think there is an evidence-based way to reply to your question because there are so few people going from RNY to sleeve. When people get their RNY revised, it's often to distal RNY, which doesn't improve things, or ERNY, which may improve weight loss but causes a host of other problems, or to a DS, like you were planning before disaster struck. So we don't have much to go on except the idea that the sleeve you now have offers some restriction but probably not as much as you had with your RNY (unless your stoma was stretched out, in which case you now have beter restriction) and you lost what little malabsorption you had.
So I wouldn't except great weight loss results with your new sleeve, and you will probably end up viewing this as a way station to a DS.
I understand about having mixed feelings about having yet another surgery, for all sorts of reasons - complications, recovery, emotional trauma to your child. But hopefully time will help soften all of this, along with the physical healing necessary before you can proceed with another surgery. the bad memories do fade with time. I'm not sure how we would get through life if they didn't. So do the best you can with what you have, let time work its magic, and you will know when you are ready for more surgery.

honestly, I'm not sure what you are asking - how much weight you should expect to lose if you don't get switched vs if you do?

I don't blame you for having a lot of emotions at this point & sorry you are having 3 year old trouble.

@JackieOnLine ...I think I was hoping someone would say no the regain isnt real and you will continue to lose with just the sleeve. I havent been able to find anyone who went rny-sleeve then DS in two stages.

you might continue to lose - I don't know.

regain is real, that's for sure. but not everyone has it, but I do.

I wish I knew what will happen but I don't. have you been reading Roo's posts? she lost a lot with the sleeve, but now she has a DS. she tells us she was very strict with carbs.

Latest posts

Back