We would like to hear your story

Status
Not open for further replies.

BariatricExperiences

bariatricweightlossexperiences at gmail
We are seeking individuals over 40 years of age who have had bariatric surgery and are at least 1 year post-op. Interviews are expected to last 1 - 2 hours and can be conducted in-person or over the phone if you prefer. To participate, or to ask questions, send us an email.

About us: We are doctoral psychology students at Antioch University Seattle. Our approach is informed by personal experience with bariatric surgery, and also other experiences of weight loss.

Attachments

• 1 back of leafy green border updated 6.4.16.png
    1 back of leafy green border updated 6.4.16.png
    186.9 KB · Views: 8
Just a few questions...
Is this planned for publication or a doctoral thesis?
What is your email or do you want to contact through this site?
Sounds like it would be very sensitive information you are going for. Would a participant have to disclose their name, phone number, email, or other identifiable information to you, or your professors or fact checkers?
Will this be audiotaped?
I am interested, but It is reasonable to need to know a little more. Thank you for wanting to do this research!

We are seeking individuals over 40 years of age who have had bariatric surgery and are at least 1 year post-op. Interviews are expected to last 1 - 2 hours and can be conducted in-person or over the phone if you prefer. To participate, or to ask questions, send us an email.

About us: We are doctoral psychology students at Antioch University Seattle. Our approach is informed by personal experience with bariatric surgery, and also other experiences of weight loss.
Interested as well, but waiting to hear answers.

I received a private response and I am not sure it was intended to be shared. Bariatric Experiences, I assume you are contacting those who responded individually, but if not please let people know the answers to these questions,,,

1 back of leafy green border updated 6.4.16.png

Hi! Thanks for all the responses!

We tend to respond the fastest to emails.
The address cannot be added to the forums directly, but it can be seen in our poster below.

Thanks!

Ianto West
Bariatric Weight Loss Experiences Recruiting Liaison
Antioch University Seattle PsyD student

@BariatricExperiences Please respond to the questions here. If you want participants, then responding in a public forum is expected.
Just a few questions...
Is this planned for publication or a doctoral thesis?
Answer?
What is your email or do you want to contact through this site?
You've answered this one.
Sounds like it would be very sensitive information you are going for. Would a participant have to disclose their name, phone number, email, or other identifiable information to you, or your professors or fact checkers?
Answer?
Will this be audiotaped?
Answer?

View attachment 1194

Hi! Thanks for all the responses!

We tend to respond the fastest to emails.
The address cannot be added to the forums directly, but it can be seen in our poster below.

Thanks!

Ianto West
Bariatric Weight Loss Experiences Recruiting Liaison
Antioch University Seattle PsyD student
Um, no. Until you respond to the questions previously posed I will consider your post to be nothing more than spam. If you want contributions, you must show me a little respect. As it is now, I have no trust in you and people who have not earned my trust do not get my e-mail address.

To everyone, DO NOT reply by email unless the questions are answered. If you respond by PM, your email is not disclosed.

If the questions are not answered by next Fri the 9th of Sept 2016 in this thread, I will close and hide this post.

I totally agree - and that would be a shame, because if these people are REALLY trying to get input from a number of long-term duodenal switch patients who are MANY years out and still happy with their choice of procedure, this would be the place to find them.

But I'm guessing that since their "approach is informed by personal experience with bariatric surgery, and also other experiences of weight loss," it is possible that they actually don't WANT to hear what we have to say. I think they have admitted that their approach is not objective, and probably is "informed" by their own failures at bariatric surgery (i.e., other procedures besides the DS) and other weight loss experiences.

To everyone, DO NOT reply by email unless the questions are answered. If you respond by PM, your email is not disclosed.

If the questions are not answered by next Fri the 9th of Sept 2016 in this thread, I will close and hide this post.
I get this; they won't get my e-mail address if I send a PM. They're not asking for that. They want me to e-mail them. Unless I'm sure that they won't use or sell my e-mail address that will accompany anything I send them it's not gonna happen.

I get this; they won't get my e-mail address if I send a PM. They're not asking for that. They want me to e-mail them. Unless I'm sure that they won't use or sell my e-mail address that will accompany anything I send them it's not gonna happen.
I know you understand but not everyone is forum savvy in what a PM reveals and DOES NOT reveal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back