We need to KEEP eating a lot of protein

Sous vide just creeps me out. I cannot get past the low cooking temp, and I mainly eat the yolks when eating eggs. Even smoking my own meat, I am fastidious with temps.

I bet those taste wonderful.

Sous vide just creeps me out. I cannot get past the low cooking temp, and I mainly eat the yolks when eating eggs. Even smoking my own meat, I am fastidious with temps.

I bet those taste wonderful.
Yeah, I’m a stickler for temps as well. Having had a bout of food poisoning, my food thermometer gets a real workout. In fact I have two, tho one is hard to read since it’s not digital but came in handy one night when the battery died in the digital.

Well this was a good reminder. I've been craving crap too, and will just eat what I want (and pizza is usually it, for several reasons). I never fail to think about OTHER people needing probiotics, but forget I'm feeding my microbiome garbage like costco muffins, and then that well fed population in my gut is screaming for more muffins and pizza. I'll chug a few protein drinks for breakfast to make myself think I'm fine, but it's not ideal.

Maybe we just need to perfect the perfect proteiny meat pizza. But it also will need pineapple. And cashews. Oh, artichoke hearts too.

Latest posts

Back