We lost Charris today

Damn it! This is heartbreaking news. :cry: Deepest condolences to her family and all who loved her.

I am so sorry. I read her daughter's FB and it seems she had been in ICU on a vent. Comatose. No mention of why or what happened that I could find.

I am so sorry. I read her daughter's FB and it seems she had been in ICU on a vent. Comatose. No mention of why or what happened that I could find.

She had been hospitalized a few weeks with raging c diff. I have almost no details.

I remember she said awhile back that her doctors thought she had congestive heart failure but she had doubts. But if she did that most certainly complicated anything else she had and vice versa just from my own experience with my mom being ill and having congestive heart failure. I wasn't there and am speculating but the whole thing saddens me. I never got to meet her and I really did want to meet her.

I noticed her daughter mentioned a transplant on Mon? Fecal transplant? And the doctors probably waited too damned long.

I can’t see the daughter’s facebook page. But...she texted me that they were talking about removing the colon because of recurrent c diff. I told her that, after the three “usual” c diff drugs didn’t work, I had had a a fecal microbiota transplant that worked and someone else had tried a newer drug, Zinplava, that also worked. She said she would ask the doctors about those two treatments, because they mentioned wanting to exhaust all other options before surgery.

But, I learned (from someone here), that the risk of bowel perforation had to be considered, as recovery from THAT was less promising. But after that, there were no more updates. So I don’t know if they went ahead with a transplant, surgery, or waited too long, or what the hell happened.

On 11/24, she posted that if Charris’ breathing continued to improve, they were going to take her off the ventilator. The next post was today, that she had died.

I admire the way she fought all her health problems with grace and humor. Toot and the rest of her family have my sympathy.

(Who believes on-line friendships aren't real? I'm sitting here with tears in my eyes.)

Latest posts

Back