:-( We have lost one of our beloved members

DianaCox

Bad Cop
I am devastated and desolated to have to report that Trish Roberts called me early this morning to let me know (and she asked me to tell the board) that her husband Steve - robs477 - had a heart attack last night and didn't survive.

This was utterly unexpected. Steve was very proud of the fact that his preop cardiovascular workup had shown him to "have the heart of a 30 year old." Trish is at a complete loss - Steve was doing so well, and was just at his doctor's office, where he was told he was doing well, despite his concerns about still losing rather quickly. He was on top of his labs, as he was just discussing over the last few days. He had just had his 1 year surgiversary, and last week Dr. Wilson reassured him he was doing fine.

I have asked Trish to join us here when she is ready - she had a VSG a few months ago, and Steve was her support. They were also raising their teenaged granddaughter Trinity. They were preparing to reap the rewards of their hard work of getting healthy, for Trinity and for themselves - this is just so unfair and tragic.

RIP Steve/Robs: http://bariatricfacts.org/threads/pics-to-go-with-my-recent-update.3780/

My heart is broken for Steve, and for Trish and Trinity. Please keep them all in your thoughts.

I have no adequate words. I'm shocked. What a lovely man. We had been PMing about his wife's and my problem with solid protein getting "stuck". He was full of humor and insight. Such an utter tragedy.

I had the privilege of meeting Steve, Trish, and Trinity last year at Diana's home. Such a lovely family, and very devoted to Trinity. This is a huge loss. Trish, if you are reading this, I am so very sorry for your loss. I hope you will have the strength and support you need to get you through this difficult time. Please know that Steve was much loved and admired here. He will be greatly missed.

So sorry to hear, this is so shocking. I was just reading about how well he was doing and he was so positive. I hope Trish makes it here when she is ready as I am also a few months out of VSG and would love more sleevers around.

Oh no. I never met Steve in person like Diana and Larra but I felt a connection with Rob. I know he adored his wife and daughter, and was so looking forward to his post DS years. As already said, words can't adequately express my feelings of sorrow and empathy for Trinity and Trish. I am not a religious man but I believe Steve was so Godspeed!

I know personally I will miss"Rob" and his sense of humor and zeal for life that he provided all of us here.

Liz thank you for messaging me. I guess it is Rob that I initially thought. I had my screen names mixed up. Dammit.

Thank you as well Diana. I am just in shock.

This is two this past year with children who we have lost. Lisa(prettygirlbounce, PBG) had a highschool age son.....so Star I agree this sucks and is so unfair to those poor kids.

Latest posts

Back