We are upgraded to XF 2.1

southernlady

Administrator
Staff member
I will wait til Monday for any testing of functionality by the members here before adding things, etc.
Only some smilies work right now.
Bookmarks may be added. To your profile tab. If you click on your profile, one tab says Your Account, other tab says bookmarks.

southernlady

Administrator
Staff member
Reactions:
From https://xenforo.com/community/threads/reactions-👍😍🤣😲🙁😡.154898/
The process here should be fairly familiar if you have ever added new smilies as it uses a very similar approach for referencing the image/sprite. For your convenience we have included a "Dislike" icon in the sprite sheet should you wish to add it yourselves.

Most of this is self explanatory, but you will see we can also specify a "Text color". You'll see this in action... now!

21reactions.gif

The behaviour of the "Like" button isn't significantly different. You can still just click/tap the button to give a like (or remove the selected reaction) but to access other reactions you can hover over the link (or tap and hold on touch devices) and a tooltip will be displayed with your active reactions.

galaxygrrl

Liz,

Thanks for all the hard work. Site looks great. I did like the old front page that had the active posts. Are you going to bring back that functionality? I know you have new posts on the left hand side now, but it would be nice if that side bar showed the last 10 posts as oppose to 5.

Thanks again.

Beth

southernlady

Administrator
Staff member
Liz,

Thanks for all the hard work. Site looks great. I did like the old front page that had the active posts. Are you going to bring back that functionality? I know you have new posts on the left hand side now, but it would be nice if that side bar showed the last 10 posts as oppose to 5.

Thanks again.

Beth
I am. It may take me a week or so, but it will be back.

As far as the sidebar, I think I can change the number of posts shown. Especially since I deleted the profile posts block.

JackieOnLine

Staff member
one thing I don't like is when I click on a thread, it doesn't automatically take me to the first unread like it used to. is that temporary?

southernlady

Administrator
Staff member
one thing I don't like is when I click on a thread, it doesn't automatically take me to the first unread like it used to. is that temporary?
Got a reply on this from the guy doing the upgrade
"I saw a question about XF 2.1 in your forums, about how clicking a thread with new posts doesn't take the user to the last post they viewed. Unfortunately, this is a feature XF left out in the 2.x versions. I'm hoping they add it back soon, as numerous people have requested it."

southernlady

Administrator
Staff member
I notice our profiles no longer list our surgeon or date - is that gone?
For now. It was an add on and I don’t know if there is a version for 2.1. Add to that, being on vacation last week, lackluster internet connection and I need to do research to maybe find a replacement.