Want to critique my labs and regime?

Webmommy

I have my 6 month lab work and I am pretty sure I am missing some lab values. But I am taking everything listed and I am consistent. Until I got this stent on Monday but this blood work was done before that.

My vitamin regimen:
Am- Vit A 25K
Vit D 50K
Dr. Stewart's DS multivitamin

Mid-morning
Calcium Citrate 1200 mg
Magnesium bisglycinate 200 mg

Afternoon
DS multivitamin
Vitamin K1 1K

Evening
Calcium Citrate 1200 mg
Magnesium bisglycinate 200 mg

Extra notes: I have a higher magnesium bisglycinate capsule of (500 mg) to add because I ordered the wrong one. But this bloodwork round shows this regimen. I will be ordering Vitamin e shortly too and it's in my cart.

I am not sure I trust my judgment and experience yet to analyze things properly. So thank you for your feedback!

Attachments

• 20200103_151919.png
    20200103_151919.png
    119.7 KB · Views: 11
  • download (1).png
    download (1).png
    48.3 KB · Views: 10
  • download (2).png
    download (2).png
    55 KB · Views: 10
Compare your pulled labs with what is listed here: https://bariatricfacts.org/threads/generic-ds-lab-order.191/

Your D needs to be 80-100.
K needs to come up.

Question? Why the multivitamin from Dr. Stewart? Can you post a link to it or post a picture of the back label?
A good solid generic Centrum will work just fine. Don’t need special bariatric formulas.

No B6 run. If Dr Stewarts vite has that in it, stop taking it. B6 can go toxic.

No ferritin, but your iron labs look okay.

Please take a look at the files for what we take. Do not go by your surgeon.

Compare your pulled labs with what is listed here: https://bariatricfacts.org/threads/generic-ds-lab-order.191/

Your D needs to be 80-100.
K needs to come up.

Question? Why the multivitamin from Dr. Stewart? Can you post a link to it or post a picture of the back label?
A good solid generic Centrum will work just fine. Don’t need special bariatric formulas.

I had to sign an agreement saying that I would take it and sign up for a subscription plan. I have heard some people being excluded from the practice for not buying it because they told them they were noncompliant. It's around $50 for a 3 month supply.

Attachments

• IMG_20200103_165749.jpg
    IMG_20200103_165749.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 5
Yeah. Okay, I get it. You WANT to be good, but heres the rub: In order to be good, you are going to be toxic on B6. And, heres the criminal part: Dr Stewart isnt even TESTING levels of most of the vites he demands you take.

So, sooner or later, you will have a decision to make. Either YOU take control and responsibility, or you depend on him.

Yes. I had this same dilemma. I waited until my surgeon let my ferritin sink to almost undetectable. I was fainting, having all the symptoms. By the time his office caught on, I had already decided I was leaving and obtained my own iron infusions.

That was 9 years ago. I interpret my own damn labs. I LET my doctor go thru the motions, advice, blah blah blah. I smile and nod. Then do my own thing.

Good luck.

Yeah. Okay, I get it. You WANT to be good, but heres the rub: In order to be good, you are going to be toxic on B6. And, heres the criminal part: Dr Stewart isnt even TESTING levels of most of the vites he demands you take.

So, sooner or later, you will have a decision to make. Either YOU take control and responsibility, or you depend on him.

Yes. I had this same dilemma. I waited until my surgeon let my ferritin sink to almost undetectable. I was fainting, having all the symptoms. By the time his office caught on, I had already decided I was leaving and obtained my own iron infusions.

That was 9 years ago. I interpret my own damn labs. I LET my doctor go thru the motions, advice, blah blah blah. I smile and nod. Then do my own thing.

Good luck.

She asked why I am taking it and this is why. Also Dr. Stewart passed away and Dr. Ayoola took over his practice. I was taking it until I see how my bloodwork goes and see if maybe it would work for me. I can still keep my subscription going and take something else so I can "appear" compliant.

At no point am I ever going to just keep on doing what they want to my own detriment. I also wanted to see what they actually did test in my bloodwork. They even sent the order to the lab company directly which has been pretty rare for me. So I didn't even see what they were going to test beforehand. I actually have an appointment with my primary and am getting more bloodwork on Tuesday. I made my decisions when I chose to get the DS.

I get wanting to be compliant but not at the expense of your health. Also, compliant or not, they can not take back your DS.

I haven’t seen my surgeon in 8 years. I’ll be 9 years out later this month. But according to his office I’m not a compliant patient. I am, however, a healthy patient.

I get wanting to be compliant but not at the expense of your health. Also, compliant or not, they can not take back your DS.

I haven’t seen my surgeon in 8 years. I’ll be 9 years out later this month. But according to his office I’m not a compliant patient. I am, however, a healthy patient.
I can "appear" to be compliant while keeping their subscription and taking Kirkland's multivitamin. Not ideal but I can play their game since I am currently having complications and have a stent in my stomach right now.

OMG. A stent in the stomach seems like the worst idea ever. I hope he put you back on a PPI to reduce stomach acid. A muscle relaxer, too. I feel so bad for you!

OMG. A stent in the stomach seems like the worst idea ever. I hope he put you back on a PPI to reduce stomach acid. A muscle relaxer, too. I feel so bad for you!
I was on prilosec since the beginning and then when I saw the surgeon in November I was put on it twice a day. Now it's prilosec in the morning and Zantac at night. I am taking Zofran ODT twice a day and I have leftover pain pills from my DS this summer. So a half a tablet of Norco but I will be out of them soon. A muscle relaxant would be nice. I am sip, sip, sipping like I am two weeks post op. The spasms have cooled off in pain and frequency.

Latest posts

Back