vsg

I had one in 2008 and can answer any questions you have.
What do you know about it so far? What do you want to know?

And, welcome, glad you found us

Last edited:
Hi and welcome Jrrt! If you let us know what area/state you are located in we may have surgeon recommendation. I'm in Illinois. All the best!

I had originally wanted the lap band until I started talking to people who had it and figured out it wasn't a good option.

I figured I only needed restriction as I am able to lose weight without needing the mal-absorption. my metabolism hasn't been wrecked by years of dieting since I basically gave it up in my 20s and only slowly gained weight, unlike so many who diet, lose, then regain over and over - "yo-yoing" up and down. but that is just a guess.

we can advise you a lot better if you tell us more about yourself. have you dieted a lot? have you tried lo carb, such as Atkins? what have you done to try and lose weight?

in general, people should get the surgery that will work for them long term!

"least invasive" has been used to sell the lap band but that surgery should be illegal, so I don't like the phrase.

from that small amount of info, sounds like you could use a DS. this is certainly the right place to learn about that.

Ive dieted all my adult life,almost everything worked ,but I can't keep it off.
If you’ve dieted all your life, you don’t need the VSG or RNY, but the DS.

All surgery is invasive as they have to cut into your body. Least invasive is a marketing term to sell the VSG.

Latest posts

Back