Vitamin A & D Injections

DSRIGGS

Yes, that is chocolate covered bacon
I know we talk about injectable vitamin A & D on here from time to time, so I wanted to update you on the source. I just received via mail a 1 ML vial of A (50,000 iu), a 1 ML vial of D (600,000 iu) and two syringes to inject.

These can be procured from:

http://centraldrugsrx.com/ in La Habra, CA.

You will need a script from your physician and then somebody to inject you. These 1 ML vials are a one time dose. They also have 10 ML vials, but I am not sure on how long you can keep after opening and using the first one. The cost for the two vials, syringes and shipping (just comes via standard mail and only takes 3-5 days) was $83. I am going to be doing monthly or every other month injections, with no oral supplementation until I am good and stable.

Hopefully others find this information useful.

for those that don't live in CA, you can get your injections from a compounding pharmacy. you dr will need to call in the RX as usual, I've been receiving VitD injections since 2010

Even though I live in IL it is just as easy for me to get mailed to me from the lab in La Habra. They are a compounder but do it frequently from the business Dr K sends their way. We have a good compounding pharmacy in town but I doubt if they have ever compounded A or D since it is very rare for people to get injections....so they would have to procure the materials and get the "recipe". Plus I have 5 refills left after this one so easy peasy now.

They do sell a 10 ML vile of each which would be 10 injections but I don't know how long after the first use the serum would remain good. It would be cheaper for me that way but in the mean time I will just order the 1 ML vials.

Can you not do the injection yourself?
I guess but I am not a nurse or Dr so I have never given anyone an injection. It is a syringe not a diabetic type sub cutaneous pen. There is no way I could give myself an injection with a regular syringe in my arm (do one in each arm). I guess it would have to be thigh to be able to physically do it and I am not sure I could even do that. Anyway a friend just did mine and she said it was really hard to draw the serum up into the syringe.

BTW a friend of mine who works as a nurse at a prison about 20 miles from my house gave me the injections today. She told me that they give some of the inmates Vitamin. D injections every month. I found it odd that prisoners are getting vitamin D injections yet it so hard to find a physician who gives vitamin A or D injections. My Dr can't even get a Vitamin D serum through his hospitals procurement department and supply chain.

New game plan for @DSRIGGS - rob bank - go to prison - get vitamin injections for free!

More seriously, my theory is that the prisoners get crappy diets and very little time out in the sun, thus they are prone to vitamin D deficiency and need injections. It would probably be cheaper, and healthier, to feed them a better diet, but what do I know.

I shall be robbing only "Bigly" banks because I am not going to the Hokey for anything less than a $20MM gamble.

:D

I had a vitamin D shot yesterday, but he couldn't get any A. Also trying to bring my selenium up, as it's still not detectable even with supplements!

Try Brazil nuts. I am not supplementing but eating these as 2-3 a day are supposed to be great source of selenium.

Latest posts

Back