Vitaman Alternative

galaxygrrl

Hi all,

My Dr told me to take Bariatic Advantage Ultra Multi which has worked well. But its pricey.

Here are the info on the back. Anyone have a less expensive alternative.

Thanks!

southernlady

Administrator
Staff member
Kirkland Daily Multi or any generic Centrum equivalent. No need for anything labeled “bariatric”.

Settledownnow

Take 2 of the Centrum generic type. I sometimes get them as a BOGO on sale. I cannot read all of the label on the bariatric multi but I can see that the B12 in that multi is extremely high for DS. I used to take Opurity bariatric muti with my RNY because I liked the combination of vit/supps and had hoped it would still work out with the DS as a way to take fewer pills. However, when I looked at labels on Bariatric vits and compared to generic Centrum the generic wins for the combination of vit/mins, the dose, and price. Many bariatric vits are missing or low in some minerals and have too much B6 and B12.

Settledownnow

I know you love your doc because she had the DS and is a great support; however, keep an open mind that she may not know what she needs to know about vit/min supplementation. You are better off to go with vet advice when it comes to vit/min supplements and checking your labs.

Larra

I take the Costco multi. Works fine so far. I do use the BA calcium citrate products (lozenges and chewies) because I have so much trouble with those huge pills that it's worth it to me, and they have worked well for me, but other than that I don't use any bariatric surgery designer products.

galaxygrrl

You know, I did the math on the Bariatic Advantage Ultra Multi and it's about the same as price per tablet as some of the leading brands. I found a coupon for $20 off a $100, so just under 10 cents a pill. That is fine by me.

southernlady

Administrator
Staff member
You know, I did the math on the Bariatic Advantage Ultra Multi and it's about the same as price per tablet as some of the leading brands. I found a coupon for $20 off a $100, so just under 10 cents a pill. That is fine by me.
You get 500 for under $20 on the Kirkland brand. I figured it up one time, my three pills a day was 10 cents.

galaxygrrl

You get 500 for under $20 on the Kirkland brand. I figured it up one time, my three pills a day was 10 cents.
Oh, OK, I just want to take one pill, so this is about the same. I bought a over a year supply, so I'll see where I am next time I need to buy them.

Thanks all.

Beth

RainCity

I take One A Day Women’s 50+ Healthy Advantage multivitamin because it doesn’t contain iron, which I supplement separately, away from my calcium citrate and thyroid medications.