Vitalady Question

stanh

For those of you who buy your vitamins from Vitalady - Do you buy the pre-packaged regimens of vitamins, the un-packaged regimens, or do you pick and choose specific vitamins?

I see the cost difference between the first 2, and I assume it is because you get more vitamins in a bottle than what is packaged for you, for 90 days....I also know what a pain it is to sort my current meds and vitamins for a weeks use, let alone ALL those vitamins for daily consumption....

Just looking for opinions and advice!

Thanks

When dh and I first started Vitalady, she didn't have the prepackaged yet...we got use to just ordering what we needed and now the prepackaged doesn't work for us. We've tweaked BASED on our labs. But then I am not a new postop...I have several labs under my belt now.

I got the non-prepackaged package. It is the best bang for the buck since you get full bottles. However you must do your own sorting.
The problem with the pre-packaged package is that most likely your regimen will need to be modified from her starter regimen based on your labs. Once that happens, her pre-packaged package is not so great.

That is as far as I have gotten as I have not started the vits yet. I have a full month of the starter regimen ready to go. I bought the 90+ day supply to get the best price and she was having a sale at the time so it worked out for me.

I have never used the prepackaged. I buy several things there because I trust them. I alternate buying buy most of my D there, and always get my A & K from Vita-lady. I also use their information as a resource.

I buy some of my vitamins, especially the dry, from Vitalady. The cost to me is higher due to shipping and customs to bring into Canada, but these vitamins are not available here, so I place a large order once or twice a year. Others I purchase locally, mostly at Costco.

Each of us need a different vitamin regimen, depending on individual lab results, so the prepackaged really doesn't make a lot of sense, except perhaps very early out, until we know how our blood work is reacting.

The sorting of vitamins doesn't really take that long, when you have your own system set up. I do mine once a month into several "week at a time" containers, and the calcium doses into little craft bags from the dollar store.

I used the prepackaged vitamins for the first 3 months then when I made adjustments according to my labs I started buying the bottles. Some of the vitamins she sells are available at costco so I buy them locally.

MsVee

I purchase from vitalady individually. She has a 31 day pill holder and I load the entire month at a time. Amazon has great holders also.

I am thinking of buying the prepackaged one for a 30 day supply and the un-prepackaged for a 90 day supply. I'd like some wiggle room early on, which would be hard with pre-packaged vites. Though, I'd like to see if they're worth it by trying out them later on once I have a set schedule.

My goal is to get what I can locally, but whatever's considered best over at VitaLady's straight from her. From what I have read, her iron pills and dry A, D, E and K (sold seperately) are very high quality. So, those I will be ordering from her in bulk. Anything else you guys get only from her?

Would anyone experienced with the DS vite regimen be comfortable sharing an example of what they buy locally and what they get from VL? If a Canadian DS'er has some insights on how to mix and match (within reason) her vites and some that are available locally but of good quality, I'd love to hear from you too.

P.S. I liked this 23$ 31 day pill holder on Amazon. It looks like the individual 4x a day pill boxes would easily fit in a purse. :)

P.P.S. Just saw your post @Happy DSr :) Mind sharing what your vite costs/month rounds out to?

Last edited:
P.P.S. Just saw your post @Happy DSr :) Mind sharing what your vite costs/month rounds out to?

I am spending over $150 a month right now. Largely from the $50 + for Proferrin iron from costco. I dealing with a major deficiency. I hope to switch to infusions which will bring this under control.

Costco is my go-to for calcium citrate , multis, probiotics , seleni, folate, B complex and zinc

Vitalady for all of the drys. A 25000, D 50000, E, K1, K2, and the specialty items - boron, strontium, msg citrate , copper. I order usually nine months or so at a time. Factor in US exchange and shipping costs. And canada post will charge a handling fee plus the HST

At six years out , my supplements are tailored to address my labs. Your will be different

I wouldn't bother with the prepackaged. You will only be phasing in your vitamins early on, and possibly taking more/less to address your individual preop blood results. And once you do get all your vitamins in, you will be starting to get your own results to tweak. I wouldn't want to see you spending good money on packaging that you will have to unassemble and rebuild. Might as well start learning the routine now

I am spending over $150 a month right now. Largely from the $50 + for Proferrin iron from costco. I dealing with a major deficiency. I hope to switch to infusions which will bring this under control.

Costco is my go-to for calcium citrate , multis, probiotics , seleni, folate, B complex and zinc

Vitalady for all of the drys. A 25000, D 50000, E, K1, K2, and the specialty items - boron, strontium, msg citrate , copper. I order usually nine months or so at a time. Factor in US exchange and shipping costs. And canada post will charge a handling fee plus the HST

At six years out , my supplements are tailored to address my labs. Your will be different

I wouldn't bother with the prepackaged. You will only be phasing in your vitamins early on, and possibly taking more/less to address your individual preop blood results. And once you do get all your vitamins in, you will be starting to get your own results to tweak. I wouldn't want to see you spending good money on packaging that you will have to unassemble and rebuild. Might as well start learning the routine now

Hi
Thanks for responding. You're right that it's better to start learning the routine right now:).

Also, could you get prescription for the Proferrin? Or does pharmacare not cover it in your province?

I buy the dry D, A, and K from her, and also the Bariatric Advantage calcium citrate lozenges (I have big problems swallowing large calcium pills). Most other stuff I find at Costco or other local sources.

Hi
Thanks for responding. You're right that it's better to start learning the routine right now:).

Also, could you get prescription for the Proferrin? Or does pharmacare not cover it in your province?

the prescription Proferrin seems to be only available in the US. I have not been able to find it through pharmacies in Ontario. The prescription drug plans differ between each other in what they do cover. Prescription iron is usually ferrous salts and most plans do not cover these as they are also available "over the counter", ie without prescription

the prescription Proferrin seems to be only available in the US. I have not been able to find it through pharmacies in Ontario. The prescription drug plans differ between each other in what they do cover. Prescription iron is usually ferrous salts and most plans do not cover these as they are also available "over the counter", ie without prescription

How does it work if someone in the US mails you things of this nature? (Iron, etc?)

Latest posts

Back