Vit K level question

Mystrys

Walk in Beauty,Walk in Integrity
So, my recent 2yr follow-up blood work came back with a Vit K level listed as 357 on the portal. It wasn't back at the time of my physical visit and I don't have a hard copy. This is not the same reference levels I have seen before so I have no idea whether it's low or not. My PT time has also gone up and is now high at 13.6
For as far back as its been tested, I've sat at 11.5 I only question this since I'm 3 weeks away from major plastics and even during my DS surgery, Dr. Boyce needed to reverse the Heparin shot he gave me. I also did not receive any further blood thinner shots following surgery.
Can anyone tell me what the reference range would be? I have used Google but can only find the same references I've always been given. My last test seemed low at .39 and that was down from .56 that was only six moths ago.

I don't know how to proceed with supplementation to get me to a safe surgery zone and no one is returning my call from their office. :(

IF Boyce pulled your last labs, go to the portal and get your OWN copy of the labs. You have a right to a copy. IF he ran it thru LabCorp or Quest, sign up to whichever one and get your own copy that way. They should list the ranges.

I checked my last LabCorp (Sept 2017) and Vitamin K1 reference range is .13 to 1.88 ng/mL. PT/PTT and INR was .8 to 1.2 altho they have different ranges for those with coagulant issues is different.

southernlady that's where I went...to the Portal. I can print it. It was in there, but it was not listed with a reference range. And the number was from such an OBVIOUSLY different reference range, that's where I got frustrated. All my previous tests were exactly what you listed: .13 to 1.88
I finally got them to return my calls and this tests range turned out to be 80 to 1160. So, at 357, it's not in a terrible place, but might explain why my PT Timing had jumped to 13.6
The nurse had nothing to offer me in terms of getting that number to drop before surgery. They and the NUTS there have been pretty useless. So, I guess I just pray i don't bleed out on the table *sigh*

Last edited:
Mystrys, Does your doctor/hospital have a means by which you donate your own blood and put it to the side in case it is needed? I did that before plastics once.

hilary1617 I'm not sure. I will email my surgeon and ask about that. However, since my surgery is in Monterrey Mexico, and I'm only flying in the day before,I'm not sure I even have time to do that :thumbsdown::unsure:

Latest posts

Back