Use of Flagyl

I was wondering because I have started giving everyone in the family probiotics and didn't know if I should continue them. Thanks Liz!

@Terri , I use Florastor after @KathyF told me about it. I had to take an antibiotic for a bladder infection, which created a bacterial overgrowth. I literally could not leave the house, my gas was so horrendous. It completely went away after using Florastor. I don't use it all the time, either. Just the one time, and it worked.

Florastor is great stuff. I just had to take a course of clindamycin which gives me diarrhea and can possibly lead to c-diff. I took one Florastor with each dose of antibiotic and some heavy duty probiotic mix between doses and the intestinal distress was kept to a minimum. Florastor is Saccharomyces boulardii. It's a yeast based probiotic and not affected by the antibiotic.

Florastor is great stuff. I just had to take a course of clindamycin which gives me diarrhea and can possibly lead to c-diff. I took one Florastor with each dose of antibiotic and some heavy duty probiotic mix between doses and the intestinal distress was kept to a minimum. Florastor is Saccharomyces boulardii. It's a yeast based probiotic and not affected by the antibiotic.

Great information! Thank you for sharing!!

I will be ok with my 3-5 bathroom trips a day and fowl odor. Started a probiotic today. One that you put in a bottle of water and and drink. Upped my iron and seem to be doing ok with that too. Still no white flour and sugar. "Slipped "on sugar the other day, just to make make sure it causes more trips to bathroom. Oh and the answer is yes. Lol. Gas seems to have deminished quite a bit.
I feel so bad for some of the horror stories I've read here. Sometimes I have thought to myself can there be a revision back to normal???? But for today I'm going to be grateful for my story and few side effects from DS.

I will be ok with my 3-5 bathroom trips a day and fowl odor. Started a probiotic today. One that you put in a bottle of water and and drink. Upped my iron and seem to be doing ok with that too. Still no white flour and sugar. "Slipped "on sugar the other day, just to make make sure it causes more trips to bathroom. Oh and the answer is yes. Lol. Gas seems to have deminished quite a bit.
I feel so bad for some of the horror stories I've read here. Sometimes I have thought to myself can there be a revision back to normal???? But for today I'm going to be grateful for my story and few side effects from DS.
I find that IF I eat clean and make sure I am doing yogurt AND a probiotic every day that my 1-2 trips daily is fine (I do NOT count the two to three times first thing in the morning when I think I am done but wasn't yet and had to sit back down. THAT can go on for about an hour but once I AM done, I may go one more time during the day. And I KNOW when I eat incorrectly, my farts get foul smelling.

Great. Good to hear u don't count the first 2 or 3. I call it I'm not done yet, when my husband says where are you going again? Lol. I'm sooo glad I joined this site. The short time I've been here I've learned so mush already. But not near enough.

Latest posts

Back