Urine collection?

LorettaLynn

I did my bloodwork this morning in advance of an appointment with my PCP this coming Thursday. 11 vials! The gal from Quest gave me a urine collection receptacle without any directions for this test:

Free [SERUM] [RT]
36421 - Collagen Cross-Linked N-Telopeptide (NTx), 24-Hour Urine [URINE]

Is there anything I need to know or do? I was planning to collect on Sunday and turn it in Monday AM.

My doc orders this as a measure for my osteoporosis in addition to my DEXA scan. It doesn't take much urine, usually no more than a tablespoon. Are they referring to a sample taken with 24 hours of submitting for testing or do they want you to save every drop for 24 hours? I try not to pee before going to the lab, mostly without success. When I get there I'm lucky to give them that almost tablespoon. I wish all my labs could be measured by urine instead of those 11 vials of blood I have drawn. LOL

Also, this test is not covered by my insurance (Medicare). It seems to be as medically necessary as many other tests, so I'm not sure why Medicare doesn't cover it. If you an Advance Beneficiary Notice, you'll have to pay for it.

Latest posts

Back