Unjury Chicken Soup and ProtiDiet Chicken Soup

Clematis

Sweet protein drinks get old.

ProtiDiet (Creamy) Chicken Soup. This was good, well, y'know "good" in the category of protein supplements. I preferred it a bit over the Unjury Chicken Soup. It has a thin, creamy appearance and a few tiny flecks of green seasoning which makes it look more appealing than the Unjury. It has 15g protein and 2g carb. Pricey for 7 pouches at $11.85 + $4.75 shipping. Amazon has it. Better to get it at doctorsbestweightloss.com as it ends up being cheaper because of the shipping. They have a bunch of high protein soups and beverages. When you first go to their site, a window will pop up asking if you want to be on their mailing list — do it for a one time 10% off code which was newsletter10 for me.

Unjury Chicken Soup. People have talked about this a lot here (but curiously not in product recommendations). It's OK. I'd certainly drink it. It has 21g protein and 2g carb. $1.35 per serving when you buy the $22.95 tub/$1.75 if you buy 10 of the single serve packets + $6.95 shipping.

Both mixed well. Both need water no hotter than 140 degrees.

Quick question. I bought some unjury chicken to take to work tomorrow as I am on clears for a colonoscopy on Tuesday (I can have 3 protein drinks a day). I don't have a thermometer with me at work so I am trying to figure out just how hot 140 degrees would be. I can get hot water that people use for tea. My understanding was that "McDonalds melt your nylon pants to your leg" coffee was around 185 degrees Fahrenheit and that contact burns happened if you touched something that temperature, so 140 still has to be pretty warm.

Because you recommended the grape Crush (which is great, as is the orange and strawberry flavors), I sacrificed a digit for you. I heated water to 140 as measured by instant read food thermometer, then I quickly stuck my finger in it. By the time I was first knuckle deep, I had to pull my finger out. So "cool" enough to stick your finger in, but hot enough to absolutely not want to keep it there.

I suppose you could also sip the water. If it's "cool" enough to drink, that's it. Remember it can be cooler than 140, just not hotter.

Other than that, I don;t know what to tell you.

You have to stir it vigorously so I wouldn;t try to do that in a small coffee cup. I'd mix it in a bowl and pour it back into a coffee cup.

Why don't you test the temp of 140 water tonight while you are home with a food thermometer?

Haha... Hope you have skin left on that digit!

Thanks. I will mess around a little tonight. I am dreading these next two days because I am so damn hungry anymore. My procedure isn't until 3 pm Tuesday so I am cheating and having my scrambled eggs in the morning to boost me for the rest of the day. I know my system and those eggs will be long gone before the procedure anyway.

Quick question. I bought some unjury chicken to take to work tomorrow as I am on clears for a colonoscopy on Tuesday (I can have 3 protein drinks a day). I don't have a thermometer with me at work so I am trying to figure out just how hot 140 degrees would be. I can get hot water that people use for tea. My understanding was that "McDonalds melt your nylon pants to your leg" coffee was around 185 degrees Fahrenheit and that contact burns happened if you touched something that temperature, so 140 still has to be pretty warm.
I mix 2 scoops of unjury in a tall shaker bottle with about 3/4 c very cold water (just enough to cover that metal springy ball), add a little cold cream, shake the heck out of it, then top off the bottle with water out of the the hot water dispenser, which is "that close" to boiling. I think having the powder completely wetted and mixed with cold first helps, and that ratio gives me a hot drink, that has never made it clumpy.

I mix 2 scoops of unjury in a tall shaker bottle with about 3/4 c very cold water (just enough to cover that metal springy ball), add a little cold cream, shake the heck out of it, then top off the bottle with water out of the the hot water dispenser, which is "that close" to boiling. I think having the powder completely wetted and mixed with cold first helps, and that ratio gives me a hot drink, that has never made it clumpy.
Thanks Bear!

Awesome idea

One minute in OUR microwave makes cold water (from the refrigerated water dispense) come out at almost exactly 140. The hot water out of the water dispenser is WAY too hot.

One minute in OUR microwave makes cold water (from the refrigerated water dispense) come out at almost exactly 140. The hot water out of the water dispenser is WAY too hot.
Yeah we have industrial strength microwaves at work that I rarely use so figuring out settings is crazy. Our kiosk where we buy coffee has the big storage containers for coffee and hot water so the water is hot but not super hot. I am going to try Bear Moms suggestion (sans the half and I guess) of cold above the ball and then add hot water.

BTW is a little half and half in coffee really going to mess up a colonoscopy a day later?. Shit doesn't stay in my system long, especially when I do the prep tomorrow night. You may have noticed I am not great at following instructions unless I know it is really necessary. My understanding is the main point of the prep is to be cleaned out, no food stuff to be confused with blood, and no muddy stuff to cloud visibility when scoping... So not sure why half and half is a no no...... But if it really is important please chime in and I will refrain(yes I am talking to you Miss @Larra ...i know you will tell me if I am being unwise).

Latest posts

Back