tumeric tea..

Jo777

Aug 2017
okay, this may not be everyone's cup of... but I kinda like it, in a soothing, need something on the belly energy boost. Tumeric has a lot of good things going for it- googlefu for yourselves, but it's one of those good health spices like ginger etc..

1 can lite coconut milk
couple tbs MCT oil (good energy boosting fat)
couple drops stevia
(again, where Jo doesn't really measure, just add to taste)
tsp or three of tumeric
tsp + cinnamon or more
dash of cloves
couple whole cloves
couple whole star anise
ginger- ground or fresh
couple tbs of matcha green tea powder
(at this point, it's the color of the spew from the Exorcist.. don't fret)

let it simmer on low for a while.. pour a couple ounces into a glass, or a martini glass if you want to be fancy about it and sip. Kinda like a warm Indian coconut eggnog. I had some as creamer in my coffee today, I liked it quite a bit, to each their own, but for a nice fat boost/herbal tonic.. not shabby.

I wanted to try turmeric for it's anti-inflammatory benefits with arthritis so I ordered capsules to take. After about 5 days of taking it daily I could smell the spice on my body. Blech.

Have you noticed that with this recipe? This sounds tasty. I'm just more than a little gun shy now. lol

I've only drank it a couple times, and don't really notice it coming out my pores.. i'd imagine the caps are a tad more concentrated. Though I do know that I likely smell like a hippy from time to time, between the curries, incense and whatnot.

Latest posts

Back