Too much B12

LorettaLynn

My lab work came back today. Both this result and the one from March show too much B12. How can I get that down? Thank you!

Look to see what vitamins you're currency taking that have it in them. One of the Costco calcium tablets as added B12 and I had to change to a different one, that cost more...:grumpy1:

My lab work came back today. Both this result and the one from March show too much B12. How can I get that down? Thank you!
High B12 isn’t an issue. Mine and several others here routinely run over 2000 on lab tests.
High B6 IS A MAJOR issue.

Low B12 and high B6 share the ability to screw with your nerves causing permanent neurological damage.
Look to see what vitamins you're currency taking that have it in them. One of the Costco calcium tablets as added B12 and I had to change to a different one, that cost more...:grumpy1:
You are thinking of the B6 not B12. Costco calcium citrate has B6 in it. And it’s easy to go toxic on B6.

So I don’t need to worry about B12 being flagged as high by Quest? All right then, I’ll worry about some other stuff. :)

-Are you taking B complex? If so, discontinue and only take the B's you really need.

-Check your protein drink for added vitamins and minerals (such as Premier Protein or other meal replacement drinks). If you are using any of those you may need to switch to a whey protein drink without the added vits/mins.

-Check to see if you are drinking any other vitamin water or drinks with added vit/mins and d/c those.

Latest posts

Back