Tongue Mesh for Weight Loss & Food Journal Sun 23rd Mar

huneypie

Wannabe
Has anyone heard about tongue mesh to lose weight? Apparently you get it sewn on for a month and it's too painful to eat solids, so you're on liquids for a month. The procedure costs ~$600 and there are more details here http://www.vice.com/en_uk/read/tongue-mesh
images

B1 Protein shake (30)
B2 Sausages & eggs (25)
L Chicken salad (35)
S Cookie (0)
D Chicken breast (30)
Protein: (120)
F 72+
V All in (inc 6 batches of calcium) night time iron, vit C, copper pending & strontium batches pending

Last edited:
Oh dear god! So torture yourself for a month, drop some pounds and then eat like a beast afterward to make up for the deprivation and put it all back on? Who comes up with these things?!?!

Oh dear god! So torture yourself for a month, drop some pounds and then eat like a beast afterward to make up for the deprivation and put it all back on? Who comes up with these things?!?!
I saw it on a documentary about Venezuelan beauty queens. The girls were doing it to get ultra slim before the competitions.

gah! I am against pain and officially think the tongue mesh is stupid! :angry_smile:

today I have so far only eaten WHEN HUNGRY. so, that's good. and? it's left over meatloaf, the best on the planet.

whoopee!

gah! I am against pain and officially think the tongue mesh is stupid! :angry_smile:

today I have so far only eaten WHEN HUNGRY. so, that's good. and? it's left over meatloaf, the best on the planet.

whoopee!
Good for you Jackie. I think this is to help avoid eating even when hungry.

It is simply a way to teach anorexia.
BINGO. My husband was horrified at that show. He cannot imagine any doctor stitching that to a patients' tongue. The severe risk of infection to the tongue and roof of the mouth alone should be grounds for a malpractice suit. Resulting speech impediment, permanent numbness of the tongue, the risks are endless.

Possibly, but when there's a crown dangling in front of these girls' eyes it must seem like a good idea to them.
OMG, Huneypie, I'm reading your post thinking "dental crown", and going "huh"? Beauty Queen Crown. I'm such an airhead. This type of desperate dieting reminds me of high school, when we tried all sorts of stupid diets. The latest stupid one I've heard of is the cotton ball soaked in orange juice diet. Now THERE is a recipe for a bowel obstruction.

OMG, Huneypie, I'm reading your post thinking "dental crown", and going "huh"? Beauty Queen Crown. I'm such an airhead. This type of desperate dieting reminds me of high school, when we tried all sorts of stupid diets. The latest stupid one I've heard of is the cotton ball soaked in orange juice diet. Now THERE is a recipe for a bowel obstruction.
Yes, I've heard of models doing the cotton thing.

Latest posts

Back