Tomorrow Is The Day

IndyGirl

I have to check into the hospital in less than two hours. They are going to keep me over night and do the surgery first thing tomorrow. They want me in the hospital tonight to build up my fluids and watch my blood pressure. There will be no eating for me until after the surgery which worries me some. I get nothing but liquids and popsicles for the rest of the day. I am scared and nervous.
I packed my pajamas, underwear, pads, chapstick, kindle, phone, chargers, and an extension cord. Erin said I didn't need anything else and I am trusting her on this, or she can bring it to me.

Is it normal to be this scared? I mean I want this so bad but I am terrified of the whole process. I have only ever been in the hospital once before and I don't remember much about that.
I am kinda droning on now, lol. I think I will take a shower.

Hey you! Yes it is normal to be scared. You are having surgery. It is scary. Trust in Dr. Inman and the surgical team to do what is best for you. If you forgot anything at all that you must have, text me and I will bring it to you.
I hope you get Rhonda or Kelly for your Bariatric nurse. They are the best. You will be taken care of, just remember to follow their instructions to the letter while you are in there.

I am so excited for you to get to this chance at 18. I wish I could have done this 20 years ago. You are starting a new life - a new, wonderful life.

Good luck, @IndyGirl
Do yourself a favor and leave your PJ's at home...they have hosptial gowns and you can always use a second one as a robe. But they are designed for access for all the IV's, etc. And honestly, you don't want hospital germs on YOUR pj's.

Yes, it IS normal to be scared. I was so tired of being obese/morbidly obese, I was excited about it.

I have to tell you, I was excited about my surgery. I didn't even get nervous until they made me take the walk into the surgical suite. That walk was the most nerve-wracking thing that I did. I was just so freaking excited to have the surgery and start a completely new life and most of all to get off all the medication that I was on (which I did!).

I will keep you updated about IndyGirl. She is going to do great tomorrow.

I didn't even get nervous until they made me take the walk into the surgical suite.
I have YET to actually walk into a surgical suite! And most of the time I am already out when I leave the pre-op prep area. And I have had a fair number of surgeries in many different hospitals.

Sounds pretty normal to me!
Don't sweat the not eating thing. It's just for one day. You can do this! Focus on your goals and dreams for the future.

CONGRATULATIONS. It is most definitely normal to be scared. Its a major surgery. I'm scared with minor ones. Ill be looking for your angel's post telling us that you in your room recovering quite boringly.

I am all checked in and settled into my room in the bariatric unit at the hospital. I am impressed at how large this furniture is. I don't really know what I expected, but it wasn't oversized chairs everywhere lol. I have my IVs in and I have to get up and walk every two hours until 11PM and then they will let me sleep until 4 when they wake me up for surgery.
@GirlFriday - they are making me walk downstairs and into the operating room, too. Kelly is my nurse tonight and tomorrow and I like her alot, lol. She showed me where all the good movie channels are. I can watch Frozen and sign at the top of my lungs lol.

Well if you can watch frozen and sing at the top of your lungs after surgery, by all means please do it! That would be just great and it would help the spirometer with getting those lungs deep breathing as to not get pneumonia.

Latest posts

Back