today is the day for more2adore

Larra

I decided that she needed a new thread for this new phase of her life - our very own @more2adore, having survived and overcome bumps in the road of near biblical proportions (I mean, a flood, for Pete's sake! among other things) and successfully navigated the Australian medical system, will have her sleeve gastrectomy as the first phase of her DS today! I'm sure everyone who has followed her story, of which she has written so frankly and eloquently, will join me in wishing her a safe and successful surgery and an easy recovery, to be followed by improved health, a baby or 2, and eventually the rest of her DS.
I will report to the group as soon as I hear anything from her DH, and any further updates that he provides, until she is posting for herself again.

You go girl! You have earned this and deserve only the best.

Thank you so much, ladies! :) I'm checked in at the hospital, in my private room. Nurse says I'm third on the schedule this morning. Chillaxing in bed enjoying the Wi-Fi and waiting for the nurse to come back and get me started. :) I really appreciate all the well-wishes from you wonderful folks. Larra, you should have gotten an email from DH just letting you know we were here. Let me know if for some reason you didn't get it. Hugs all around!

@more2adore I just checked my email and haven't received anything from DH. I'll check again in a few minutes. Meanwhile, hang in there!

Congrats! Today's the day!! Can't wait to hear you're on the other side and doing well. Best wishes for a smooth and speedy recovery!

I just received word that she has been taken to the OR. There was a delay because the case ahead of her took longer than expected.

Latest posts

Back