Today I register in the hospital

You should be on the DS side now I hope it went well and you are receiving nicely.

It went excellent. Sorry I didn't get on here sooner. The pain meds are to blame. Full DS, and no feeding tube. Dr. K was done in 1.5 hours. Lots of adhesions he had to clean out, but it was a straight forward ds. Not much to reassemble. I have to get the operative report to find out the lengths of everything. He did go through numbers, but I don't remember. Must have been because of all the pain meds. I do remember him saying that I will have the best ratio for malabsorbtion. My bipartition healed up and scarred over, it's completely closed, so I no longer have 2 exits out of my stomach. This is why I was no longer loosing weight, but gaining weight. I guess that is not a permanent fix either....or it could just be me and my luck. He did say that this DS could have been done, if the surgeon opened me up the last time, instead of insisting on staying with the lap. The pylorus and duodenum was in perfect condition.

It is what it is. I am fixed!

I've been walking around a lot. Looks like he may release me either today (Saturday) or tomorrow (Sunday). I'm waiting to see him today. I feel much better today. Yesterday was rough and thursday too. Lots of nausea, dry heaves when I was getting moved around. Today, just normal abdomen pain when I cough, sneeze, or take deep breaths.

I couldn't be happier with the outcome. He gave me the worse case scenario, what could happen.....yet the best outcome came about.

Thank you all for the positive vibes. It sure did help!!!

Oh, what great news! Sounds like youare doing splendidly with lots of good things to look forward to in your new DS life! May your move back to the BNB for the rest of your time in CA be smooth and problem free.

That is great news. Dr K is the absolute best in all ways. Congratulations on a relatively easy procedure.

It went excellent. Sorry I didn't get on here sooner. The pain meds are to blame. Full DS, and no feeding tube. Dr. K was done in 1.5 hours. Lots of adhesions he had to clean out, but it was a straight forward ds. Not much to reassemble. I have to get the operative report to find out the lengths of everything. He did go through numbers, but I don't remember. Must have been because of all the pain meds. I do remember him saying that I will have the best ratio for malabsorbtion. My bipartition healed up and scarred over, it's completely closed, so I no longer have 2 exits out of my stomach. This is why I was no longer loosing weight, but gaining weight. I guess that is not a permanent fix either....or it could just be me and my luck. He did say that this DS could have been done, if the surgeon opened me up the last time, instead of insisting on staying with the lap. The pylorus and duodenum was in perfect condition.

It is what it is. I am fixed!

I've been walking around a lot. Looks like he may release me either today (Saturday) or tomorrow (Sunday). I'm waiting to see him today. I feel much better today. Yesterday was rough and thursday too. Lots of nausea, dry heaves when I was getting moved around. Today, just normal abdomen pain when I cough, sneeze, or take deep breaths.

I couldn't be happier with the outcome. He gave me the worse case scenario, what could happen.....yet the best outcome came about.

Thank you all for the positive vibes. It sure did help!!!
Excellent news! Congrats on the fix! Wishing you a boring recovery and much happiness in the next phase of your journey!

Congrats! So glad you were finally able to get your real DS and say farewell to the mishmash you had. You will do great.

Latest posts

Back