Thrift shops!

I live in a highly militarized area, so there are lots of tailors to be had at decent prices. Dress uniforms almost always have to be altered for correct fit. So I have lots of people around who can make things fit my odd contours when needed :).

this morning I was just dropping off a bag of donations at a local thrift store and wasn't planning to do much looking - bag of goodies from the Farmer's Market in the car - but I spotted some jeans...tried them on and they fit perfectly and were a good color and no stains, rips etc.

you ready? $1.50. (regularly $3 but everything was half off today)

OMG. :banana:

this morning I was just dropping off a bag of donations at a local thrift store and wasn't planning to do much looking - bag of goodies from the Farmer's Market in the car - but I spotted some jeans...tried them on and they fit perfectly and were a good color and no stains, rips etc.

you ready? $1.50. (regularly $3 but everything was half off today)

OMG. :banana:
It was your day!!!!

It's thrift shops for me

Last find was a lined London fog trench coat... for $20. In a 42 regular... exactly my current size. I saw that 42 reg tag on the rack, and it was like it called out to me in a thrift store movie moment. Think hallelujah chorus and back-lit sunshine for the effect that size tag had on me.

in the last few years, I've found the prices have gone way up at thrift stores. often, if I want a T shirt I can get one brand new for about the same price as the goodwill wants! but I remember I used to look at thrift stores as a treasure hunt.

Latest posts

Back