This is nothing new, is it?

Marquis Mark

According to this article (and who know who funded it), "25-hydroxyvitamin D3" is the best for people with malabsorption.

Is that the same or different than the Biotech and other brands of dry D3 we already take?

The names confuse me and I am really struggling to get my D up. I've been taking 200,000/day, had a series of 6 weekly injections with Dr, K and no improvement. My latest Dexa scan was not great.

I take 200K of dry vit d daily also and my d measures right around 40-50 (haven't checked it this year yet). I have no idea how people are still alive taking bariatric vit/mins! Are you taking 2-3 multi's also?

You have probably tried already, but I'll mention it in case you haven't tried. I have read that some people have some improvement by changing the scheduled time they take D (away from food, at bedtime without other vits, etc.). What I have seen posted is some improvement by taking D at bedtime on an empty stomach and also by incorporating the "green footballs" (this is the D in oil) as part of the mix. And of course, some people swear by time in the sun (these might be the same people who take bariatric vit/mins though). There are also the sublingual and the powdered you can drink. However, to absorb calcium efficiently you do need to take D and calcium together so be sure to have some D with your calcium (who knows how much).

Other forms of D you could try to add
Sublingual
Powdered drink:
Green footballs

@DRiggs used to post about the same D problem and I wondered if he found the answer or if he just gave up.

I wish you well and please post if you figure out what helps.

Correction... I take 300k biotech D per day and about 80K vit A daily, as an aside. I am female about 150 pounds. At some point, I just said "the hell with my liver, I'm going to take all of this because I need it."

I take 200K of dry vit d daily also and my d measures right around 40-50 (haven't checked it this year yet). I have no idea how people are still alive taking bariatric vit/mins! Are you taking 2-3 multi's also?

You have probably tried already, but I'll mention it in case you haven't tried. I have read that some people have some improvement by changing the scheduled time they take D (away from food, at bedtime without other vits, etc.). What I have seen posted is some improvement by taking D at bedtime on an empty stomach and also by incorporating the "green footballs" (this is the D in oil) as part of the mix. And of course, some people swear by time in the sun (these might be the same people who take bariatric vit/mins though). There are also the sublingual and the powdered you can drink. However, to absorb calcium efficiently you do need to take D and calcium together so be sure to have some D with your calcium (who knows how much).

Other forms of D you could try to add
Sublingual
Powdered drink:
Green footballs

@DRiggs used to post about the same D problem and I wondered if he found the answer or if he just gave up.

I wish you well and please post if you figure out what helps.

Yes, I've been reading the posts here and I've tried all of that. I would really like to find this miracle
25-Hydroxycholecalciferol, Calcifediol or Calcidiol 25-hydroxy

But I can't seem to find it anywhere on the internet except if it's a livestock supplement. Does ANYONE know how to get this?!

So, I finally found a place that sells 25-Hydroxycholecalciferol, Calcifediol or Calcidiol 25-hydroxy:

https://dvelopimmunity.com/

I ordered some and I'll let you all know the results. In the meantime, if anyone has some experience with this, please let us know!

Nope. Just ordered yesterday. Somehow I feel I'm going for another scam (like Vitamin patches) but we'll see.

Latest posts

Back