The wait is the hardest part...

Mermaid

Treading Water
I'm a failed crap-bander.
A future DS'er.
A revision.
A Lightweight and
A nervous wreck of waiting.

I lost and regained 100 lbs with the band.
I had an erosion that was visualized on an Endoscopy. Then it wasn't eroded. AT ALL.

I am grateful for people who have gone before, who share their story.
I am indebted to DianaCox and Larra for all their help. I am in awe of both of you!

I am gaining 1+ lbs a month and I'm always hungry.
I ran a treadmill stress test and didn't die.

I am making myself nuts.
I just want it done already.

Last edited:
Breathe, just Breathe.....STAY POSITIVE and excited!!!! The alternative does not change the result and feels worse!!!! When is your surgery again?

My surgery will be whenever Anthem realizes I did, in fact, complete all my requirements and approves me. Stuck in the appeal and hold, rinse and repeat, loop.

Surgery was originally scheduled for Nov 19th. I'll be lucky to get in by March. Hubby says April or May. I may have yelled at him for being negative and squashing my dreams.

That is a long time. :( But, it will fly by. And just think where you will be a year from now.

When I got my surgery date it was 2 YEARS in the future. If I had had half a brain, I would have gotten on a plane and flown to Spain, Mexico, or Brazil!!!!

OMG @Munchkin 2 YEARS?!?!?! How does that even happen?

I will be at least 1 year from being told the band needs to go when I finally get the DS. But if they told me 2 I think I'd go lay in the snow and cry.

I'm an eternal optimist and the only silver lining that even I can find about the waiting is that it gives you a lot of time to prepare and get in great nutritional status. Hang in there. It will come! P.S. YOU are not a failed crap bander. The crap band failed you (and many/most everyone who has ever had one installed).

Latest posts

Back