The obvious cost of obesity

Very sad. My guess is that this happens more than we are aware, as we wouldn't know about Gina if she hadn't been on TV.

And then there’s Lizzo and her followers who are convinced she is a “full figured” celebrity fighting the evil body shamers.

No. She is morbidly obese and her health is at risk and she’s taking others down with her rather than admit that, in spite of her talent in her chosen fields, she is a monumental failure at keeping her weight within a healthy range and she may die far too young because of that.

I have no issue with people loving who they are but they need to face reality. While they may not have comorbids now, they are lurking around the corner.

And while none of us get out of this alive, being as healthy as possible makes the ride easier.

And then there’s Lizzo and her followers who are convinced she is a “full figured” celebrity fighting the evil body shamers.

No. She is morbidly obese and her health is at risk and she’s taking others down with her rather than admit that, in spite of her talent in her chosen fields, she is a monumental failure at keeping her weight within a healthy range and she may die far too young because of that.

I don't know her or anyone else doing this currently, but somebody needs to be fighting for acceptance for people no matter what size they are.

I don't know her or anyone else doing this currently, but somebody needs to be fighting for acceptance for people no matter what size they are.
She is the (literal) poster girl for more than acceptance. She doesn’t push to make obesity accepted, her deal is to make obesity NORMATIVE. And, with an obesity epidemic in this country, she has combo fans…her music fans and her fans who want to hear that obesity is normal at the same time that the death rate from COVID-19 is triple that of the non-obese patient.

If her message were more along the lines of, “I’m doing great right now, but I have other goals, too…like getting to my healthiest me,” or some such. But she says stuff like:

“ I wake up into my obese bed. I have to get like a king bed because I’m so obese. I put on my obese Louis Vuitton house slippers, and I walk into my massive, obese bathroom and I just stare into my wall-to-wall, obese mirror and lather myself in the most obese, expensive oils and creams.

“I walk into my obese, gorgeous, mid-century modern kitchen, and by the time I’ve made it into my kitchen, I’ve already made another obese million dollars…My bank account is so fat. My bank account is so obese, and, like, I tried to put it on a diet but she’s just so stubborn, like, she won’t listen.”

well, I get that she is obnoxious and stupid and I really hate all the money worship some people like to do. I know there is some cross-over with evangelicals: I have tons of money so clearly God likes me kind of nonsense.

I extra special hate it when people are stupid while otherwise having a message I agree with: another example is Kelly Brogan. She wrote A Mind of Your Own about women and depression and I love that book and her message. She is a psychiatrist and one of the more prominent anti SSRI ("antidepressant") people.

now I hear she is hardcore anti vaxx and thinks the virus is made up or some crap. makes me crazy.

Latest posts

Back