The newest member

laurenantics

Hello everyone, I'm Lauren and I live in Maui, HI. I had my traditional DS (100cc) here in July. Starting BMI of 66.8 and just had my 12 week surgeversary yesterday. I'm a pretty sturdy birdie, so I have had almost no complications.

Very grateful for websites like this and facebook support groups as both my Nutritionist and my Surgeon gave me paperwork for Gastric Bypass to follow. It's really helpful to get information tailored to my actual surgery. So, thank you for all you do.

My one "issue" is I have been rather addicted to Sugar Free Popsicle brand popsicles. I figured, "hey they are only 15 calories and help me with hydration and help me curb nighttime snacking" .. so I would have 4-6 of them between 6pm and 10pm. This has gone on for many weeks, and it wasn't until 5 days ago that I realized they are pretty high in carbohydrates. I've been inadvertently consuming 16-24 carbs a day mindlessly. I can't believe I never looked or payed attention. I cannot erase the past, but in an attempt to control the future I've bought some popsicle molds and am working on a lower carb recipe for my own popsicles. I'm likely to land on koolaid packets, splenda and water once I find a good ratio.

Anyway, that's my drama. Massive mistaken carb intake during the single most important year of my surgery. GAH!

Welcome laurenantics
I made a similar mistake, not reading the label correctly. I confused cholesterol with carbohydrates in tuna when I was first diagnosed with diabetes.

The issue for me with sugar free popsicles is the artificial sweeteners.

Welcome! As mistakes go, yours is minor. Don't worry, just focus on your protein and hydration and you'll do fine.
If I may ask, who did your DS is Hawaii? This is the first I've heard of someone doing a DS there. This could be a future resource for others in your state.

Welcome! As mistakes go, yours is minor. Don't worry, just focus on your protein and hydration and you'll do fine.
If I may ask, who did your DS is Hawaii? This is the first I've heard of someone doing a DS there. This could be a future resource for others in your state.

Hello, yes, my GP referred me to to Dr. Arthur Chasen on island in Maui. There are more options on O'ahu, but Dr. Chasen being here and having his experience was fine by me. I had never even heard of DS until his online meet & greet.

Latest posts

Back